Friday, March 09, 2018

Its so hard...

The thing that sucks the most about Mom not being with us anymore are the times that I have good news to share. Or, of course, the times I want to gossip with her.

This week I found out that I will be being promoted at work. It's been a long time coming (and will likely be 2 months) it's still very exciting for me. All I wanted to do was call mom. She'd be proud. She'd happy. She'd ask what my raise was. She'd make a comment about how I could afford to come down more often.

I write letters to Mom on a regular basis. It started as a journal, and then it just kinda shifted into a "Dear Mom" greeting. I have a journal full of letters to her. It gets it off my chest, but it's not he same.

So the promotion will be as a Director of Professional Services. Basically the job I've been doing for 2 years, and a little bit more. I'm so excited, and a bit scared. It'll be fine and I'll be fine.

0 comments: