Sunday, March 11, 2018

March Sunday Dinner: Kiss me, I'm Irish

I mean...twice in a day. I've written twice in a day! When has that EVER happen? Of course you may not hear from me for another month, but...there you go.

Tonight was my March Sunday dinner. And of course the theme was Irish. Last year I did Guinness Stew, previous years I've done corn beef and cabbage. This year it was all about the Shepard's Pie. Well, ok it was cottage pie because I didn't use lamb, but we'll just pretend.

I made two different types of Shepard's pie and may or may not have confused the recipes while cooking them. They both turned out fantastic and I didn't take a single photo.

We had soda bread (courtesy of a red head).

We had Scottish Eggs (or Irish Eggs as we called them tonight)


We had a corn beef and sourkraut dip that was fantastic.

We had a green salad (spinach). We didn't see any green veggie in Ireland...

We had fruit.

And we had chocolate cupcakes with Bailey's Irish Cream frosting.

Oh and we had Irish Whisky and Murphy's Stout.

All that equaled these nutty people...


Can't wait to see what next month will bring...Right now the theme is Bite Size Meals.

We also decided we might need to have a literal Sunday dinner. In other words, if I was going to make cornbeef.  I'd make corn and beef.  The Pantry Goat said she'd make mac and cheese. Literally, a bowl of macaroni and a side of cheese.

this one might need some thought.




0 comments: