Monday, March 26, 2018

The Crud...

Up to Friday I had managed to avoid all things sickness. Every single person at work has had the crud. I thought I had avoided it. I was free from the possibility.

Then Friday...

It hit hard.

I had to sit through a 5 hour studio session (they're usually 2 hours) and as the session went on my throat started hurting more and more. By the time I got home, it was real.

Saturday morning I had to run into work and knew as I was leaving that I'd not be there too long since I was starting to feel like death warmed over.

By noon on Saturday I was done for. I felt like C-R-A-P.

It went down hill and I slept most the day on Sunday after meeting friends for brunch club. Which does no good when you can't taste anything.

I stayed home from work today and "worked from home" but did a lot more of just sitting in the chair feeling gross.

Alas, a friend was in from out of town and I had to meet her for Mexican food. It felt surprisingly good to get out. Who knew Mexican food could fix the crud?

I'm not "fixed" and am just feeling a bit better. I've heard tales of this crud lasting for weeks...especially the cough. And I can tell by today that the cough has every plan to settle on in for a month or so.

I have too much work to do to be sick...and ironically work is probably the reason I am sick.

On the bright side, two new employees started last week and we've hired one more. I'm hoping we get headcount for one more developer and we should be set for a month or so. Once I get them trained I can start to rebalance the work load and in doing so find some peace.

A girl can dream...

0 comments: