Monday, April 16, 2018

Weekend Social Requirements

The older I've gotten the more I don't often feel like being social. That coupled with working ridiculous hours I like my "me" time. When a weekend comes up that has me around people both days, I start to get antsy.

It's not that I don't like these people (friends and family)...its not that at all. In fact, I love them all and enjoy spending time with them. It's just by so many social promises I don't have my "me" time and that makes "me" cranky!

This weekend though, the cranky stayed home. It was an overly joyful weekend. Celebrated a niece getting married and my BFF, Blueberry turning the big 5-0.

Getting to see so many friends and family come together to celebrate happy things like these don't seem to happen enough these days. I thought of the Parental Units frequently throughout the weekend, but not in a sad way. Sure, I missed them. But I thought about how proud they'd be of it all. And I was reminded yet again, how very thankful I am to have had such fantastic parents.

Today, officially, I'm 1/2 lb away from my first 20. Sure has taken stinkin forever. But slow and steady wins the race I think. I still want my life to not change too much and there in lies the problem. I'm still thinking of this as temporary. I figured eventually I'll get my act together and think straight...won't I?

I signed up for a scrapbooking retreat that is happening at the end of July. Which means, I gotta get my act together and get some pages staged and ready to go because I can't pack my entire scrapbook room.  I spent all day Sunday starting the process and in doing so decided to rearrange my scrapbook room.  Funny how I can always find something "else" to do...still I spent a good part of time doing what I intended.

And lastly, Scotland...it is a mere 44 days away! I've started my research and am so ready to go. I took a half day off on Friday and it sure felt good - which tells me I'm ready.

0 comments: