Sunday, April 29, 2018

Wine wine and more Wine

The great thing about where I live is we're in Washington "wine tasting" country. And I take full advantage of this.

I bought the wine passports from Costco and I'm determined to taste all the wineries in them. There are 42 wineries, some distilleries and some cider places. My other goal is to taste 50 new wines this year.  Piece of cake.

Today Photo Girl and the Yank met me at our first winery, Alexandria Nicole. The tasting room appeared to be like you were in a wine cellar. It was so cool. The wine was delicious. Expensive, but delicious. I like that the tasting list almost always has a couple of whites and reds. It gets me to taste white wines, which I generally don't care for.

Alexandria Nicole had a good Merlot that we tasted. Our first taste was from a bottle open yesterday. She then had us taste a bottle she just opened. The just opened bottle was so good, the day old one was way more mellow. I prefered the just opened one.

Our second winery was J&M winery. Every time we try to hit this place it's closed for a private party. Today it was open. So we went on in. It was our first passport winery of the day.

Their wine is, in my opinion, over rated. It's just ok wine and way too expensive for what you're getting. They have a big fire pit outside the tasting room and it was going. It made all the wines have this smoky smell to them even though they didn't have a smoky taste.

From there we hit Lauren Ashton winery. The wine pourer at Alexandria Nicole told us she really liked Lauren Ashton's new Rose. Thankfully it was on the tasting menu. I purchased myself a bottle. I'm not a Rose drinker ... but here I am buying a bottle. That's how good it was.

After that we hit Gorman's. His wines are spicy and delicious. Also somewhat expensive...but we got a 20% off for the passport. I bought yet another Rose and a red.

After that winery we decided we were hungry. Across the street was Village Wines which has some yummy meat and cheese trays. We were in heaven. 4 more wines there.

All in all I think I tasted 26 different type of wines. Each winery has 5-6 wines to taste. Hiccup!

The day started, though, with breakfast with the landlords for our monthly breakfast club. We went ot Voula's in Mont Lake Terrace...it was just ok. Just average food.

Yesterday I spent the day with Meg-A-Rooni. We went out to test my new camera and to get caught up. We had lunch at the Duvall Grill. Fantastic Club Sandwich! Horrible Ice Tea. After that we took a trip to Snoqualmie Falls to check it out. Meg-a-Rooni had never been there, so why not. It was pouring rain. Gave me a chance to try out the camera in the rain I guess.

Busy busy weekend. I missed just being in the house vegging, but I also miss being out and about in the world doing this living thing I hear about.

0 comments: