Sunday, April 01, 2018

Happy Easter every Bunny...

Hard to believe it's Easter. AND April Fool's Day. I think it would be hilarious to tell your kids you hid eggs, but didn't. Probably a good reason I didn't have kids.

Back in 1998 I rented a room in a house a good friend of mine owned. Easter day he was leaving for a 4 week trip to Norway. The night before we had all the friends over to dye eggs. We had a dozen that we kept.

The next day roommate left bright and early. He left me a note next to the empty egg carton telling me he had hid the eggs. What? So the search began.

I found 11. For 4 weeks I waited for that 12th egg to start to smell.

Roommate finally made it home late one night. The next morning I asked him about the 12th egg. He gave me a very odd look. When I reminded him what he had done he laughed and said, "Oh 1 ate one."

GRRR...

It's been a rather emotional week for me. Still not feeling great and want nothing more than to pick up the phone and whine to mom about being sick.

One of the demon cats broke a sugar bowl that was my Great Grandmothers, passed down and at 2am in the morning I'm cleaning up sugar and crying...

Funny how some object can carry so much emotion to it. I almost didn't put it out for fear of me breaking it. But decided that it was designed to be used. I'm sad it broke, but at least can find photos on the internet and tell a story about it.

When I was looking up to find a photo of the sugar and creamer set I learned this is a Hobnail design. Hobnail was designed in 1939 and became popular in the 50's. 

See the interwebs can be useful every now and then to find useless information about a sugar and creamer set that were in the family for years. Facebook folks gave me a lot of options for the pieces remaining. None of which I need to do, so the whole kit and kaboodle got trashed. And no, I didn't toss out the boy demon although I was very close to doing that.

And with that, I'm going to go get myself some coffee and spend the day up in the scrapbook room around memories and maybe, just maybe, get some of my Ireland book done.

Happy Easter everyone. I leave you with my favorite Easter joke.

0 comments: