Monday, May 04, 2009

Most Embarrassing Moment of the Week!

Typically on weekends I make coffee at home. 5 days a week I stop at Bucky's (Starbucks that is) and I figure on the weekend, there's no reason since I do, after all, have a coffee maker. I know, I hear ya. Why am I not making coffee during the week? Because.

So Saturday morning, I realized I didn't have cream for my coffee. Off I went to Bucky's and figured I might as well do my grocery shopping too. I realize Bucky's and the grocery store is less than .1 of a mile from my place, but I had a lot of heavy stuff I was buying and I knew it wouldn't do my back good to carry it all home (cat littler, ice, cat food, etc). So I drove.

As I pulled into the parking lot, I noticed almost immediately the fire truck. I've been in QFC before while the boys of the fire world were shopping. No, I don't stalk them. It just happens that they seem to almost always be there when I am. Weird, right? Maybe they're stalking me.

Anyhow, the Manager of the Bucky's by me knows me because she used to work at the Bucky's I frequent every morning. I walked in and scanned Bucky's and thought it was relatively quite for a Saturday morning (or course it was only 7:30 AM, but still). I chit chatted with the Manager as she took my order. I asked her, "So where are the hot firemen?" Her face went almost white and she grinned and said, "Right behind you."

I slowly turned my head to see 5 grinning guys...they all noddin and said, "mornin'." I smiled, waved embarrassingly and slithered back to my car and died.

In other non-Jenn-embarrassing-the-hell-out-of-herself news...we're having one helluva storm tonight. High winds sustained at 30-40 MPH with gusts to 55 mph and rain, lots and lots of rain. Weird weather for Seattle in the spring. But whatever. If my power goes out, I'll just call the firemen. They'll come running since we're BFFs now.

4 comments:

Vicky said...

You missed your opportunity with the hot firemen, you should've invited them to your place for breakfast.

Jenn from WA said...

Man you and my mom...I was making pancakes so it would have been fine...

Al & Jo said...

DAMN! Heather, did you know this??? We really need to get that girl trained and quickly! She missed the opportunity of a life time, as Vicky correctly put it. Come on people, lets get Jenn trained. Apparently, my training didn't take! Any of those firemen would have been acceptable unless they were 1.) married 2.)gay 3.)...err, there is no 3!!!

Jenn from WA said...

Mom - Less you forget...YOU cursed me and said I wasn't allowed to date until I was 28. Who would have known you were so powerful that it lasted another 12 years?