Friday, May 29, 2009

Tell me no secrets and I'll tell you no lies...

Happy Friday. And what a beEEUtiful Friday it is. Sunny and 80 here in the Pacific Northwest.

As I'm pulling the trigger on the weekend, I reviewed my weekend plans and wondered where I'm going to get the rest one deserves on the weekend. While the week was a short week, it seemed shockingly long. Am I the only one who felt that?

Right, so this weekend. First it'll be sun, sun, sunnyROO...perfect weather for the busy.

Tomorrow night is another trip to the Rollerderby. Yay. Socket Wenches vs DLF and Throttle Rockets vs Grave Danger. BigBro and Wifeypoo will be joining with me. I've got my rule book in hand and am ready for a little body checking.

Sunday I'll be up bright and early to shoot runners/walkers at a local 5K fundraising run organized by non other than PhotoGirl. BigBro and I will be standing at the turn around point and snapping frantically to get all the runners/walkers we possibly can. Not overly photography esk in that I won't be putting any artsy flair to it, but it should be a challenge none the less. After the turn around point, BigBro and I will hand around and shoot other things at the fundraiser.

After that I've been asked to shoot a fashion show for Survivors at a Susan G. Komen sponsored event. Last minute request and I don't really have all the details, but it should be a ton of fun all the same.

Other than that, the weekend will be filled with cleaning. Have some guests visiting next weekend and so will need to clean a bathroom or two and make the Murphy Bed for guests.

In other news, the sesamoiditis "fix" has been, how do I say this...um challenging. The wearing of the pads has adjusted how I walk and consequently put my legs and hips in a bit of pain, and my feet a bit sore too, but in a different way. The contrast bath has been - um - well, let's just say I haven't quite made more than 5 minutes total in the ice water. It's so dang hard to sit in ice cold water. It actually hurts. But I'm doing what I can and trying to push through it. All in all though, my feet do feel a bit better at the end of the day, and WAY better in the morning. Dr. Foot must have really known what he was talking about. Whodathunk?

0 comments: