Thursday, May 21, 2009

Off Like a Prom Dress

Oh yes, Prom. 22 years ago *gulp* I went to my prom. If your a follower you've heard the prom stories...Now I realize my prom was not a normal high school prom, but I've seen enough movies about proms and am still a girl so totally understand how important one's prom is. Thankfully, I get to keep reliving prom with the Dudley Manlove Quartet. Can I get a woot woot? I've attended the two they've had and this year will be my third. So I guess I have gotten to go to 4 proms! I'm amazing.

This year's prom is for the year of 1986. That got me thinking about what 80's songs were out in 1986 and if I had any of them 1) on my POC (Pod of Crap) or 2) memories associated to them. It's almost certain that both will apply.

One of my favorite's was Holding Back the Years by Simply Read. It'd be nice to hear DMQ do this song. Who knows though.

Venus - DMQ already does this one. And yes one of the all time greatest songs to me. Guaranteed dancing in one's seat. Could that video GET any more 80's?

Rock me Amadeus - OMG...this song. So we had a drinking game (Hi Mom...move along. Nothing to read here) that you'd have to drink every time they said the world Amadeus. Do you KNOW how many times they say that damn name? Trust me...a drinking game is short lived with that song. (JC - the German language video is for you!)

Take my Breath Away - Top Gun. Groan. Two things about that movie: 1) the first time I saw it it was in Italian, and 2) Oh. My. God.

The volleyball scene. Hot Flash! Even though many of the plays they make in the game are illegal...I'll choose to ignore that in exchange for all the upper manflesh that's showed. ahem...moving on...

West End Girls - What's not to love? I did find some controversy as to whether this was 1985 or 1986. I fell for it in 1986 therefore it counts. So there.

Manic Monday - Who wouldn't want to kiss Valintino by a crystal blue Italian stream? I mean really. I'm just sayin... (that's for you Your Royal Geekness)

I Wanna Be A Cowboy - a song that belongs in the Top 10 Worst songs by far...I can say in all sincerity that it's not on the POC...yet.

Pretty in Pink - Psychedelic Furs - do the 80's get much better? I think not. I loved, loved, LOVED that movie. I had a wee crush on David Spader...and who didn't love Ducky or Andrew McCarthy.

Right so I promise my little 80's music lovers, that I'll bring home videos of tomorrow great 80's Prom. I can't wait. I so need a night out with the boys.

In other not so thrilling news, we are creeping up on a THREE DAY WEEKEND! I can't wait. So need that extra day off...especially since the ever so accurate Seattle weatherman (er ah person) said it was going to be sunny this weekend. Can you believe it? Me neither.

And with that...I'm gonna go Walk Like an Egyptian (you really didn't think I'd forget one of THE biggest hits of 1986 did you?).

0 comments: