Monday, September 07, 2009

Take this once a week, and call me in the morning...

It appears my daily-ish blog is now more like a weekly-ish. I'd write more, I swear, if there was more going on. My life seems to have taken the sidelines for work currently. Which is fine, for now. I have faith that at some point I'll get my head around this beast of a program and I'll be back to my normal self - well as normal as I can be.

Interesting happenings of this weekend...

1. Missed a Dudley show. I know. I know. You're asking yourself if hell froze over. I can assure you it did not. Truth be told the universe was against me. First there wasn't anyone to go with and I wasn't about to go by myself. Second, it was pouring. I had no intention of driving my butt to Seattle to walk a bit in the rain to go see the boys. I know, my dedication is waning. I should be ashamed. Wanna know a secret? I am 100% sure there will be another show. On top of all that they were playing at one of my least favorite venues, so I figured why bother. I'm sure they'll get over me not being there.

2. Had a Breast Cancer 3 Day / 60 mile planning dinner. Can you believe 1 year ago I was strapping on my tennis shoes, serious bandages and I was hitting the path to walk 60 miles in 3 days? I'm rather stunned at how fast that time has passed. I swear it was just yesterday we walked. This year I chose to be a walker stalker instead. My BigBro, Seattle SIL, and Blueberry are all walking and they need support. Trust me. I've seen these three walk...they're a mess! Only joking. They are my heroes as are all the men/women who will be hitting the pavement this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Anyhow, had the team over to help them "carb load" and to plan logistic.

3. I got the word that I get to shoot photos for the 3 Day this year. They've had crew positions in the past for photographers but have had tons of photos to weed through and it became a bit overwhelming. I offered to take photos and weed through them for them. So not only do I get to sit on the side lines cheering (and most likely tearing up) but I get to play the role as photographer too. Woohoo! But the pressure!

4. I broke down and ordered a gadget. About 4 years ago I did some assistance work for Sur Le Table and learned knife skills. At that point, I tossed out all my kitchen gadgets and have survived with a killer cutting board and good knives. But I got drawn in by a stinkin' TV commercial. I bought The Perfect Brownie pan. I love, LOVE, LOVE the outer edges of brownies. This particular pan seems to solve my "I only like the outer edges" problem. I'll keep you posted on how it does. Cuz I know you're gonna run out and buy one.

5. For Labor day I'm celebrating by not laboring. I was going to, but think I may not. I opened my Outlook and just sighed. Too daunting. It can wait.

6. So instead I'm going to go get a massage. I'm meeting ChickenLady for lunch first. I figured we won't be able to possibly cover all the topics we should cover in our girl chat time, so I might as well have a massage too.

7. And conveniently her massage office is by a Michael's Craft store. I've come up with a brilliant idea for Blueberry's Christmas gift so I need to get busy. And by 'brilliant' I mean BRILLIANT! Well, it'll only be brilliant if I can pull it off.

8. Finished scanning all my old photos. And for a treat I thought I'd share these with you.

Mom and I in our abayas in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia - circa 1986.


Ahhh TASIS high school graduation day. June 5th, 1987...was I EVER that young?
Blueberry and I in 1988 at WSU...nice flipped collars under a sweater huh? So 80's

0 comments: