Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Its too cold to type...

Its 16F outside right now and I swear to GOD I'm frozen solid. If I were to slip and fall on the pavement I'd break into a thousand pieces. We'll have temp records break tonight. The record was 21F in 1972 and tonight it'll be 17F in Seattle. I mean lakes and ponds are frozen around here...the who? the what now? Ponds don't freeze in Seattle. Hold Please.

My pond is frozen! Ice skating anyone? Oh wait, that means I'd have to go out. Never mind!

I know you want one, so I'll give you a food update. 16lbs. That's what I've lost since the surgery. I'm finding that I almost have to force myself to eat something. I used to laugh at all those skinny girls who used to say, "Oh I forgot to eat." I always wondered, "Who forgets to eat?" That so wasn't within my vocabulary. And now, I find I forget to eat. It's insane. I miss food. I miss eating.

On a plus note, I have a bunch of new clothes I get to wear for the cruise. You know those clothes? The ones that get pushed to the back of the closet because they don't quite fit. Yah, well I get to move them back to the front again. Woohoo! Too bad most of them aren't sweaters or long johns.

I got my Christmas cards done yesterday. Its been weird for me to not have them done by Dec 1. Still, they're done. My letter is basically the 40 New Things list (which I'll post here eventually). My little tradition is the last card I do is for my parents. The first is for my Aunt Jean so I can get it to her before hers gets to me (family race every year). I was marking my X's and O's on the letter when I saw it. A typo! Dagnabit! Oh well. You''ll survive. If you don't like it let me know and I'll drop you from the list.

I'll end this on a happy note. My heart grew 10X yesterday. You may have heard that we had 4 local police officers shot down two weeks ago. It's hit the area hard and the outpouring of support for the families has been overwhelming to see. One local pizza chain, Papa John's, is donating ALL the proceeds of pizzas purchased yesterday and today to the families of the slain officers. I drove by two Papa John's on my way home yesterday and was stunned at the lines. The stores are mostly delivery and are usually empty when I drive by. Yesterday, the line for one was out the door and around the store. I get all teary thinking about it. Tonight they are saying that if you didn't get to buy a pizza (they ran out of dough and what not) you can buy gift cards and they'll put that money toward the donations too. Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Clause.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey. You look *gorgeous* on your Christmas card. I loved it. It's my favorite this year :)