Thursday, December 03, 2009

Throw your arms around the world at Christmastime

I couldn't resist. This is my second favorite Christmas song. Why? Well, why not! It is, after all, full of 80's singers...so are you really surprised?

14 lbs, in a month. That's the amount of weight, officially, that I've lost. I had my post op dr. appt today. I was an hour and half early (wrote the wrong time down apparently). Thankfully the NP took me early. She's a delight by the way. As she called me back, I stepped on the dreaded dr. scale (which by the way its well known the dr. scale is 5 lbs heavier than my own scale and it has nothing to do with me "adjusting" the scale). She looked at the number on the scale. Flipped a page in the chart. Looked at the scale, and stated, "It appears we have something to talk about today. 14 lbs in a month - not bad. Not good, but not bad."

Turns out I'm completely normal (no comments from the Peanut Gallery).

She had a little heart to heart to me about this whole surgery thing and said that she thinks I need to come to grips with the reality that the surgery I had wasn't "simple". According to the inner workings of my body it was a major change. My body is trying, as best it can, to get the balance back. She asked me to think hard about the "loss" if you will and focus on the healing and not so much on the side issues.

The lack of appetite, fatigue, and general feeling of not wanting to do anything is part of the left over from the general anesthesia. She said in some people it could take 8 weeks to work it's way through. IF I'm having this same issue at the end of January then I should come back in and we can discuss options. And by "options" she means anti-depressants. Which I want no part of - thankyouverymuch.

I asked about the weepy-ness and hot flashes too. Apparently because I'm on such a low dose of estrogen some of the menopause side effects will still be present. In a much smaller manner, but they will still be there. She told me that as for the weepyJenn that I should consider a couple of things. First, my body is trying to find the balance with out the testosterone and estrogen from the ovaries. And second, it is the holiday season and sometimes we're a bit more emotional this time of year. That's all good and fine, but I am tired of crying at the stinkin Folgers commercials. Damn you Folgers! Oh, and that dang Anhauser Busch commercial with the troops walking through the airport. One person starts to clap, then another and then another. Before long everyone is applauding the troops...oh god...make it stop!

Anyone want to step up and pay my medical bills? You'd be my BFF. No? Really? Hmph! Fine.

37 more days until the cruise! Not that I'm counting or anything.

1 comments:

Al & Jo said...

And why, I ask again, do they call it MEN0pause????