Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My New Boyfriend

It’s no secret to anyone that I’m a coffee fan. I can’t prove it but at one point in time Starbuck’s ran through my veins. Starbuck’s has been my BF for years. Until now. A new BF has blown into town and pushed Bucky’s to the side. I’ve been stalking this BF for a couple of months and only recently found my confidence to see him up close. It didn’t take long. It was love at first sight. I had to bring him back to my home.
Once back home he fit in quite well. And now, I don’t think I can live without him. Meet my new BF.





Now some would say I’m a coffee snob and so would also be surprised at this new relationship. But I gotta tell ya, I was blown away by the quickness and precision of the coffee maker. One perfect cup of coffee in less than 15 seconds. WOW! Not only was it quick, but a quality cup of coffee (Disclaimer: I believe it has everything to do with the fact I purchased the Tully’s Kona coffee cuppettes as my coffee for my BF to make. And “cuppettes” is my term, not theirs). And as a former Bucky’s addict fan, it surprises me just a little that I now prefer to make my own coffee at home. I’m now addicted to a new way to get a cuppa Joe.


In other non coffee news, my belly button is leaking. I don’t think my BB will ever heal. Ever. Apparently, the stitch that was inside has decided to go rebel and get all infected. Now, lucky me gets to wash it three times a day, antibiotic cream and I get to take antibiotics. I’m so luck! I was also scolded by my doc about not recognizing that I am not yet healed. She told me that 3 months, minimum to heal and I just need to get that through my “thick” head. Me? Thick head? Hah!


One more “working” day this year. Our office shuts down the last week of the month and so as of tomorrow at 3pm I’m supposedly on vacation. Although, lucky me, (again with the luck? How’d I get so luck?) own a program that doesn’t shut down and will have to “work” occasionally. Not real thrilled about that. In fact, find myself getting somewhat bitter over it. But it is what it is.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my... you are a coffee snob... And I am so very jealous!

Al & Jo said...

You could get me one of those for Christmas...the machine I mean.