Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My 80's Band name would have been "A Flock of Flamingos"

Well another birthday has past. And again, I feel blessed to have such wonderful friends. Thanks to everyone who stopped by last night...much wine was drunk, much food was eaten, and we discovered the name of my 80's band...

This year's theme: Pink-A-Licious. Which, by the way, only came about because when I asked the helper at the local party store if she had any pink birthday plates, she took me to their new display of "Pink-A-Licious". It was fate. I had to.

Pink-A-Licious entrance to Chez Jenn's. The joke all night was whether you could come in and shut the door without getting the pink strings caught in the door.


My long time friend Julie. She actually signed my letter of employment into GeekSoft way back when - 1993....


We all know this character: Blueberry was, of course, there.

My pal Mega-roonie. She and I go back to the days at the Cat Shack. She's all grown up now and doing quite well as a big wig HR person...she would disagree in the "big wig" part. Mega-roonie brought me this little glass indicators that were little suction people. If you look close you'll see I have several on my glass. The quote of the night: "Just lick him". See they kept falling off and every time they did, someone would say, "Just lick him".

Chickenlady! One of my favoritest people. Friends with her thanks to a car accident way back when in 2000. Holy Cow...we've been friends for almost 10 years. Here's to another 10!

Claudia is responsible for the Flock of Flamingos. Her and Blueberry were whispering one night after they left my place, and me thinks this might have been what they were whispering. Still, the Flock of Flamingo candle holders were a smashing success to me and now Claudia gets left-overs for life. Once I start cooking again that is. Although, she did have a thought last night. She suggested I just cook and put them in the freezer for her. I just might have to now.


PhotoGirl and the Yank both made it. Brought a fantastic bottle of wine I hear. I was too busy drinking my Barbera...nummers. The Yank became the photographer most the night. I needed someone I could trust to take photos to document what I may or may not remember.

Oh, lifetime Geeksoft friends Kim (on the left) and Julie (previously mentioned). Kim's a riot and I just love being around her. I'm going to make a goal of spending more time with her next year. My sides generally hurt after spending time with her.

Ahhh, Mr. Volleyball. Just look what he did! He carved my name out of rice krispie treats...I'm so blessed. The rice krispie treat story goes way back - and so its a standard now. Thank heavens he spelled my name right though, how embarrassing if he hadn't.
Part of the gang: PhotoGirl, Blueberry, Mr. Volleyball, the Birthday Girl, The Not-So-Newlywed and Jack the baby.

In the end there were several others there who I did not get pictures with...fooey! BigBro and Seattle SIL were there, Mrs. Geek from work was there, and Queen PopUp and her king were all there and managed to escape a photo op with me. I'll get you...just wait.

For those who didn't make it, you're forgiven. I still love you.

Seriously though, thanks to everyone. I needed a good fun party and you all stepped up to make it just that. There's enough wine left over for a few other parties...so I'll see you all sometime in the new year...dinner at Chez Jenn's.

0 comments: