Thursday, April 29, 2010

Stay-cation's all I ever wanted...

I'm trying to be optimistic. I know, some of you may not recognize this one me, but I think instead of being overwhelmed by being unemployed, I'm going to try to choose to see this as an opportunity for a Stay-cation. And besides, I think it goes well with my eyes.
I've learned a few things being home all day. I am, I admit, that nosey neighbor. And I now know just what shenanigans go on here during the day.
I think my cat is having an illicit affair with a Goose who may want to eat him alive.
Francis here (I've named her Francis - I have no idea if it's a her - but we'll go with that) shows up every morning at about 7:37am (not that I'm clock watching or anything). She does his little goosey call (read: honk) to seduce the poor feline to the back window. Then she promptly sits on my deck and taunts the cat.


When I first caught her I thought it just a coincidence that the cat was staring out the back door drooling over a meal. But Francis here shows up daily. And she leaves behind little gifts for me. Little trinkets of her affection to my deck that she now thinks is her own person perch.


See? I would have missed this daily ritual if I had been at work. I never would have know of this sordid affair.
Also, daily, some where near me a family leaves for work leaving behind their dog. I know this because for about 45 minutes after 8:05am the barking begins. Its a sad bark. One that demands being let out of the garage. But bark this dog does...non stop for 45 minutes. Until I think he either gives up or loses his voice.
And lastly, I learned today that it does feel good to apply to jobs. There's something satisfying about getting that resume tuned up, polished and out there. Telling the world to LOOK AT ME! I'm available. You cannot let this pass you by.

I've discovered a number of new and exciting websites that do a lot of the work for me. Each click of the mouse I'm taken further into a maze of job opportunities until I come up for air and have no idea who or what I've applied to. Thank God Microsoft has a job searching log template. Who knew? And why didn't I think of that on Tuesday ... oh yah, I remember. I was too busy preparing for my Stay-cation!

1 comments:

Al & Jo said...

Ah yes, Francis and Pookie...sorta' has a ring to it, doncha' think?