Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Freeze Frame

Wow that was fast. In a blink of an eye the weekend came and went.  I’m now scratching my head trying to figure out if I did all the things I wasn’t planning on doing anyhow.

Um, wait…what?

Never mind.

Here it is Wednesday – or at least it will be when blogger posts this blog.  I found the “post on a future date” feature…me likely! You may not cuz that means I can write all I want…store it…and post later.  *insert evil laugh

Now where was I? Oh yes, what of the non items did I complete this past weekend?

Coffee was had…in copious quantities (is that a double positive?) The BF got one helluva work out this weekend.   I think, though, I might have to do some maintenance on the old guy.  I vaguely remember reading that at some point you should clean it out…so I guess I’d better figure out how to do just that.

I spent WAY too much time messing with PSE this weekend. OMG I’m addicted.  Someday soon – I know you’re holding your breath – I’ll post some before and after photos.  If I’ve learned nothing else with all this fussing about with PSE its that subtle changes are the way to go.  You can, most certainly, be artistic and make dramatic changes that all but change the photos…and I did. But I suspect for the purpose of the photography business and that of taking photos of people, subtle changes are going to be better.

While on the subject of photos, I finally got all the Alaska cruise photos posted. I know, right? You’ve been sitting there waiting, twiddling your thumbs, unable to sleep, and frustrated because MY Alaska photos aren’t posted. How rude of me! And I’m so sorry!



The Glaciers of Glacier Bay - You’ll notice quite a few black and whites in this set.  I couldn’t help it. I was channeling Ansel Adams.

Juneau - Again, with some of the forest shots here, I totally got carried away – in a good way I think – with some PSE actions I’ve found and are now addicted to. In particular I love the forest shot that opens this album. 

Juneau also has the Mendenhall Glacier photos.   There’s one photo that has a little red arrow on it…or it might be pink…either way…it’s pointing out some sea kayakers…it helps give some perspective of how large this piece of ice is.

Sitka is next. Nothing overly exciting in Sitka. I did do some fun PSE adjustments with some flowers!  And I only said like once, "Hey I can see Russia from here!" Okay...maybe twice.

And last, Ketchikan. 

There! Satisfied. Sheesh. You all are so pushy.

Not really, but it was fun to say.

Right, I was telling you all the things I didn’t do this weekend.

What I did do was get sucked into the marathon on Hoarders.  Oh my loving God…that show! I feel horrible for these people who clearly have a clinical issue which causes them to hoard…but Oh. My. God!  It totally makes me want to clean.  So I cleaned. The kitchen got a much needed spring cleaning after I wasted 4 hours watching Hoarders. If you haven’t seen it, I warn you, it’s not for the faint of heart or the squeamish.  I mean one episode, this lady’s house was so bad, that as they were cleaning it they found TWO dead cats in the house.  TWO! How do you not know you have a dead cat in your house? Let alone two.  But alas, I did feel a bit of sadness for these folks, because I can’t imagine how they must struggle with it.

Okay, I’ve made you suffer long enough for this post.  Oh! You weren’t “suffering”? Excellent, then I can continue to write more and have it post at a later date.

0 comments: