Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Sunday Dinner - December

For the record, I love that I'm doing these Sunday dinners.  It's been so much fun to get friends and family together on a regular basis.  Knowing that everyone seems to enjoy it as much as I do is just an added bonus.

I have learned a lot from having a crowd over every time (like 12 + people) that certain things are bound to not follow the well laid out plan.  Rebel things really.  But being the good project manager that I am, I tend to have escape routes or plan B's for when such a situation arises.

This past Sunday I made Homemade Chicken and Noodles. Go ahead. Go check out the recipe. I'll wait.

Yum, right?

But before we get to that part of the meal, let's talk about the cocktail.  BigBro and Seattle Sister In Law brought "Candy Canes" for the beverage of the night. Can I just say, these were so damn good?  I'm not a huge candy cane fan to sit and eat one, but to drink one, well that's a whole other ball of wax (where did that phrase come from anyhow?)

My mouth is watering just thinking about slurping one of these up.  I wonder what they'd taste like as a slushy?

The Homemade Chicken and Noodles recipe feeds a small army, thankfully, because I had a small, hungry army to feed.  The house smelled of comfort food and had a warmth to it that only a delicious Sunday dinner could bring.  The recipe is supposed to be thicker - almost stew consistency. Mine was more stoup consistency.  So I realized plates weren't going to work. Quick swap out of plates for bowls and we're all set. 


After dinner, we got to decorating.  And by "we" I mean the estrogen card carrying members of Sunday dinner.  The boys excused themselves to the living room - though I did see them partake in "tasting" the finished products.

Very creative bunch of decorators I must say.  This one's mine, so of course I think its creative.

The girls busy at work.  Look at all those cookies!  Blueberry and I out did ourselves making all those dozens and dozens of cookies.

See! Creative.  This is PhotoGirl's work.  I hope they tasted as good as they looked.

Blueberry got the award for a cookie that looks most like a mascot. If you've heard of Carl's Jr - doesn't that look like their logo?



I think these are the Gypsy Moth's cookies. 

A last are Chicken Lady's! MMMM...

Everyone excelled at decorating. I was rather surprised considering the tools we had.  

And last, but not least, the Sunday Dinner Gang for December Sunday Dinners.
BigBro, Blueberry, Chicken Lady, Seattle Sister In Law, The Yank, PhotoGirl, Gypsy Moth, Me and Frosty the Snowman!

0 comments: