Monday, January 16, 2012

Another one bites the dust...

This last Saturday was my first weigh in.  I was a bit nervous about it because I cheated and stepped on the scale at home on Friday. It didn't look like the needle had moved at all.  Frustrating!  I had been so good and followed the plan 100% AND I was working out.

Saturday morning I got up, did some cardio at the gym and headed to the weigh in.  I decided on the way in that if no weight had been lost, that was okay.  It would give me a chance to really look at what I had done all week and find out where I might have misstepped. (Notice I didn't say fail?)

How mature!

How so unlike me.

Once at JC, I took off my coat and my shoes and stepped on the scale.  A friend had recommended I not look and only look once a month.  Sounds good in theory, but I couldn't stand it. I had to know. Seeing that number go down motivates me. 

2 lbs!

The number was 2 lbs less. Immediately "Another one Bites the Dust" popped into my head.  Then in the car the song was on the radio. Weird.  Must be a sign that it needs to be my theme song this year. 

After weighing in, I met a friend for lunch - using up ONE of my free meals for the weekend. The other would be Sunday dinner...which didn't happy, but I'll get to that.

As I was feasting on some phad thai I looked out the window and it was snowing.

SNOWING!

Ick.

I don't like snow.  I mean, I like snow in the mountains. Its pretty. Its serene.  But it so doesn't belong on the roads. And in Seattle, snow means drivers go crazy. OMG... snow...drive crazy.



Ahhh look. Puck's out enjoying the snow.  The pond behind him is now frozen over.  Its not like ice skating frozen, but its frozen enough that I saw another duck walk across it today.  Puck wants to go ice skating. 

This snow is just the start.  Apparently the Northwest is about to get hammered by snow.  Goody!

I worked from home today, and will likely work from home tomorrow and Wednesday and until that white stuff gets off the road so Sparky can drive on it without squirreling around.

I walked over to the gym today and was surprised how busy it was. The parking lot had quite a few cars in it for a snow day.  But it was also a holiday, so I guess that makes sense.  Puck went with me to work out too. He was pretty lazy and just hung out on the treadmill and "watched" me sweat. 


I almost bit it on my way home.  I had over worked myself on Saturday (went back to the gym Saturday evening when I was bored and did some weight lifting...maybe too much weight lifting for the back).  So naturally when slipping you try to right yourself and you end up being a contortionist.  Tonight its all about cold and warm on the back.

0 comments: