Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy Chinese New Year

I hear it's the year of the dragon.  That's good. I like dragons.  Someone recently asked me what my Chinese sign was. I had no idea. Thankfully we live in a world where the Internet is only a quick click away so I "binged" it ("googled" sounds so much better). Turns out I'm a Monkey.  The personality of a Monkey sounds about on especially the words like "charming", and "sparkling wit" and "rapier-sharp mind" (I had to look up "rapier").

The spunky Monkey is the original party animal! Charming and energetic, Monkeys crave fun, activity and stimulation. They truly know how to have a good time and can often be seen swinging from one group of friends to another, attracting a motley crew in the process. Always upbeat, they are considered minor celebrities in their circle thanks to their sparkling wit and that rapier-sharp mind.

The definition continues to say, "The Monkey tends to be rather accident-prone due to a certain lack of very high morals."  Wait, what?  How does lacking high morals make someone accident-prone - which BTW I'm not.  As for my high morals, I'll leave that to the peanut gallery to decide.

It also says, "This Sign may have limited self-control concerning food, alcohol and other pleasurable activities." Boy ain't that true. 

The whole personality of the Monkey appears to be one of self-serving, independent, and somewhat of a party animal.  I can see many of my personality traits in the Monkey, but like any astrological sign, I don't think it all applies. All the negative stuff in particular doesn't apply. I mean, I am awesome.

Speaking of awesome, I didn't lose any weight this last week. I was home for Snow-pocalypse and on top of that got a nasty cold - which is still with me.  Being home means I'm not on a schedule, which makes remembering to eat all the time somewhat difficult.  I ate the Jenny food, but didn't eat all the fruits and milk and extra snacky things. You'd think I'd lose because of that.  I also didn't work out - still I didn't feel like I was eating any differently. I certainly didn't have other types of food in the house. I guess eating the well-planned, well-portioned menu is important.  You'd think I would have lost at least 10 lbs worth of snot. Turns out snot doesn't count apparently.

This week we're starting fresh again.  I'm at work, and my plan is all set for today. I've scheduled my meals on the calendar as well as the work out plan for tonight.  Can't wait to get this party started. 

0 comments: