Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Hacker

Here we are day 12 of the cold to end all colds. I finally caved to the MomUnit's guilt and went to the ER on Monday. I felt so horrible I figured it was the right thing to do.

There's a new ER/clinic by my place. In fact directly across the street.  I drove to the Urgent Care that used to be in my area, but apparently they moved. So back to the ER.  This place was AWESOME. If I ever have to go to the ER again I'm going there.

Super new, fantastic staff, and clean clean clean.  I was whisked in and "pampered" immediately. No waiting. I had 4 people getting me into a bed, shoes off (and other items of clothing removed), a warm blanket, a blood pressure cuff, and a oxygen doo-hickey on my finger before I could even get my name out.  The entire process was like a well rehearsed ballet.  And nice....man every single person was friendly and nice.  I felt safe and taken care of.

After the initial consultation with the nurse, the doctor came in and listened to my lungs. She was a bit concerned and so sent me for a chest X-ray.  I got to go on a road trip in the gurney to the X-ray room. WEEEEEE. 

X-rays have really come a long way. These are digital and immediate.  It was so quick. Well quick - ish. I still had to wait for the doctor to review them.

She came in about 30 minutes later with the prognosis.  Bronchitis. Oh boy!  She handed me a prescription for some antibiotics and sent me on my way.

I'm day 3 into my antibiotics and I'm feeling much better - thanks for asking. I've been working from home to keep the germs to myself...I'm sure my office mate and co-workers appreciate it.

I must say, on the plus side, I've not been eating and so have been losing weight.  I branched out yesterday and actually had a grilled cheese sandwich. It stayed down and tasted delicious.

Now I'm off to go hack up another lung or two.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

If you went to the place by Typhoon, I thought it was pretty nice too, though hella crowded last July 4, so I had to wait forever.

Hope you feel better and would love to see you when you do :)