Monday, March 12, 2012

Jell-o pudding

So the sickness has passed...mostly. I'm still hacking a bit, but it's not nearly as bad as it was. And I've not had any of those dreaded hacking spells that hurt so much all I can do is just focus on breathing. Ack.

Jell-o pudding has become the new sick food I guess. During the bronchitis adventure all I wanted was Greek Olive hummus/pita and chocolate pudding. Weird combination to be sure. But it felt safe...and I figured if it had to come back up it wouldn't be too bad. Turns out it stayed down and all seemed well. But now I'm slightly addicted to jell-o pudding. The little pudding cups are only 100 calories, and are a pretty satisfying snack. Cool and refreshing. 

Back when my girlie innards were removed, I didn't eat for like two months.  I only craved Nutella and fritos.  Lost 30 lbs by eating only those two things.  Also a weird combination. I wonder what I would have craved if I ever had kids? Way back when I used to crave cottage cheese when I was sick. And I HATE cottage cheese. Blech.

The weigh in at Jenny on Saturday (two weeks since the last weigh in) was positive and 5.5 lbs. Getting sick sure helped. Now if I can keep the sick pounds from returning.

Sunday Dinner was another success.  I made those Smokey Indoor Ribs again.  They're so easy and oh so good. I took a page out of Rachael Ray's book and did mashed potatoes with Borsin cheese in them. OMG if you've never mixed Borsin cheese into mashed potatoes, I highly recommend it. You don't need butter and just a touch of milk/cream to make them smooth potatoes.  I used the garlic and herb cheese and it just took the mashed potatoes over the top. I'll be doing this again.

Left to right: Blueberry, BigBro, Seattle SIL, Puck, Mr. Georgia, Mrs. Landlord, Mrs. Georgia and moi.

We had new peeps to dinner this month.  A new friend from Georgia and her husband made it to the inner circle and got on the much coveted invite list to Sunday Dinners.  It was a bit risky making BBQ ribs when southern folk were coming to dinner. But they both had seconds, so it must have been good.

And as you can tell, there weren't any leftovers.

0 comments: