Friday, January 24, 2014

Peculiar

Is that a hard word for you today? It is for me. I have to stop and think about it before I say it.

Tomorrow is BigBro's Celebration of Life. I'm not sure if I'm ready for it to happen, but it will take place whether or not I'm ready for it. It'll be a good chance to listen and hear stories of the big guy.  I'm hoping it won't be as emotional as I expect it to be.

I just finished the February book club book, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. I choose this book for one simple reason it mixes fiction with photography. The author, Ranson Riggs, wrote this book using some interesting, antique photos he had found throughout the years.  He spun an interesting story while using the photos throughout the book.  I find that fascinating.  The book is good, and is definitely an easy read. In fact, I was just told it is a teeny bopper type book. Regardless, it was entertaining and a bit different from anything I've read.

The author has a second book, a sequel, that mixes photography and the story again. It fascinates me that an author can take unique photos and spin up a tale that is entertaining and interesting.  I highly recommend this book. It's a quick and easy read - just 246 pages.

Finishing this book is 5 books for me this year already. Is it peculiar that I read so much?



0 comments: