Friday, January 03, 2014

Ringing in 2015

No that's not a typo, its a thought.  I had an idea this morning that I'm excited about and want to share with you all, because I know you care.

Here's the back story. I have a friend who was telling me one day about letters she's written to her loved one's to be read upon her death.  I think this gift is incredible and one thing I'd like to consider doing someday.  Naturally, I'm thinking that anything I put in that letter should be said to the loved one before my last day on this planet, but I still think the gift of giving that after your gone is one that is incredible.

That idea coupled with a clip from Back to the Future I saw yesterday, you all know that movie right, gave me another idea. A gift, if you will, to myself.  I'm going to write a letter to my future self. I was thinking about what was going on right now in my life, how I feel about it, how I felt about 2013, what I think will happen in 2014, etc.  Wouldn't it be interesting to read on New Year's Eve this year, what I thought would happen this year?

Take a moment to think about that. 

I don't think writing the letter will guide me to do anything. In truth, I'll likely forget about the letter by next week anyhow.  Which means I have to put a reminder somewhere to remind me to read it on NYE. 

When I think about all the personal stuff that's floating around in my head, that I don't dare put in this blog because, well it's persona, and I wonder how I'll work through those thoughts, I can't help but wonder if on Dec 31, 2014 if any of them will be resolved. Will I even remember I had these thoughts?

What would you tell your future self?

0 comments: