Sunday, August 03, 2014

Too many classes

I really need to use my calendar more when I'm signing up for online scrapbook classes. I need to pay attention to when the classes are actually taking place. If I had done that, I wouldn't be taking 6 classes at the same time. Ugh.

I realize these are online classes and I realize these aren't for "grades".  But I figure I'm paying for them for a reason and I'm going to take full advantage of these classes. Which means, actually doing the assignments.

Not too surprising, I'm behind. Or I was.

Today I got caught up. I finally finished the European Vacation hybrid (12x12 pages with project life pages) and could not focus on other things.

The other problem with taking so many classes is I have almost no photos, so....I have to dig deep for photos and/or use some of the thousand photos of the cats.

The classes I'm taking are:
1. Grammar Free Journaling - techniques to journal quickly and without much effort
2. Process - I'm a bit baffled by this class. I was hoping it would help me with a work-flow process for scrapbooking. I'm not really finding that, nor am I learning anything new.
3. Stash Busters II - Yah, really need this class to work through my stash
4. iPhone Photography
5 Inspired Scrapbooking - a Year long class. Ugh.

First let's talk about the year long class. What the hell was I thinking? I've done ONE layout...I think. I want to do the other layouts, but am lacking photos for them. Must remedy this. If you know me, you'd better expect photos to be taken of you soon.

Now let's talk about the iPhone Photography class. Not really scrapbooking but photography. And frankly, there's not been anything in this class I didn't already know. So I've been somewhat lazy in taking photos.

I did however, snap this photo for the "change your view point" lesson. I got down on the ground and shot this of Lucy in the tunnel.



The class I focused on most today was Grammar Free Journaling. I wasn't really sure what to expect of this class and have found I'm enjoying what it's teaching. Essentially it's teaching a quick and easy way to journal. My previous journaling was the easiest of all...I hardly did it. I stopped journaling because I figured I'd not be handing down these albums to anyone so why bother.

And then the European trip happened and I figured I probably have a story to tell. My life is important and there is a story there even if no one will be reading it. It satisfies my need to feel like I'm leaving a mark on this world. Delusional? Maybe.

So the first lesson was journaling with a list. Easy.


I drove around last weekend and took photos of all the places I had lived since college. It was a perfect opportunity to "list" out where I lived.

I should also say, that I often will try to use one layout to cover TWO classes. This particular layout I also used for the Process class I'm taking. It covered the "several photos, one story" assignment.


The next assignment for Grammar Free Journaling was a "comparative list". I had had an idea for a long time with regards to Blueberry and I. We're so opposite in so many ways and yet we're best friends. Sometimes I just shake my head in how it's possible.  I'm so glad it is.


The next assignment for this class was "quiz" journaling. The who, what, when, where, why idea.  I used my favorite 3Day photo of last year. I love these ladies more than anything and felt I really needed to highly them and all that is the 3Day.


The last assignment was used for two classes again. The Grammar Free Class had an assignment for a "one sentence" journaling. The other class I'm taking is Stash Busters II.

BeagleBabe and I had taken the first version of this class several months ago and loved it. So when the second iteration of this class came up, we jumped on the opportunity to use up our stash.

The first assignment was to "cluster" photos and layer using odd numbers in embellishments. I'm finding I really want to layer, but I really am not very good at it. This layout took me almost 2 hours, which is a lot for me.

The second assignment for Stash busters was to put photos in a grid. Easy. I used my monthly photos - like book club, dinner club, any other interesting photos. I'm really happy the way it turned out and have received a lot of comments in the class gallery.


And lastly, I choose a photo of Lucy to do for the most recent assignment for the Process class.  The assignment was to use triangles in a layout. I'm really not sure how this is "process" but whatever, I went with it.

I am happy with all of the pages I did today. I'm also happy with the amount of "stash" I used today. I love that I have so much stuff just hanging around that I can simply grab and put something together.

0 comments: