Monday, March 23, 2015

7 days and counting...

A week from tomorrow SIL and I will be on a plane heading to Barcelona and our cruise.  Its during this period right before a trip that I usually kick into ubber planning mode. And for some reason this year, I have not. I feel a bit frantic because I haven't and yet, there's a small part of me that wants to just "go with it".

This past weekend was spent running errands for the trip, helping some friends, and visiting with the Nieces - and it didn't leave much time for helping the frantic planning side. Even with running all the errands, I still have a laundry list of things to do before the trip.

And I released the "Jenn Photo Scavenger Hunt" on Facebook. Last year I asked my friends to guess how many photos I would take on the trip. The numbers were all over the place, and some were complete outrageous - I mean I take a lot of photos...but the guess of 10,005 was a bit over the top. AND last year, for whatever reason, I didn't take nearly as many photos as I had in previous years. Last year I focused - pardon the pun - on taking GOOD photos and not just taking photos. That shift in my head really made a difference in how I approached the trip and how I wanted to capture it.

In 2007 I visited the UK. And prior to the trip I asked friends for a list of things to take photos of - random things.  It was fun to try to capture some of the items while wondering London. I didn't do a great job documenting it and can't really remember what, if any, were good photos.

THIS year is a whole new thing. I've combined the two. I've asked my friends not only for how many photos I'll take, but an idea of something interesting to take. And they have not disappointed. Some of them crack me up. Others will be interesting to try to take. But what I love about all of it is they aren't "normal" touristy things. Like no one said, "take a picture of a church". Well dah. I'll be in Europe...churchs there are like Starbucks here...one on every corner.

So here's the list so far.

995
A pickpocketer
1650
Selfies w/ Janet
1976
Café's and desserts
2560
nature within the city, like trees on a street, flower pots on a stoop, man carrying a bouquet
3421
Travel companion in a compromising position

Jamon
2433
Someone in a hat sipping a coca cola
1433
An interesting doorway
1895
Picture of myself in a disco, dancing
1745
Picture of someone named heather
1645
Starbucks Sign
Spanish version of Lucy and Linus
2499
Chains
2000
Picture of a purple flower
2222
A noteworthy mustache
2796
An old padlock with a key
2400

1875
A crab
3864
a pretty or an interesting bug perched on a bridge railing
2356
An obviously American Tourist
4229
a picture of a very pregnant women on a Vespa or in a bikini onboard.

I love some of these and can't wait to have some fun with them. This time, instead of relying on my memory (dumb I know) I'll print this off before I go and carry it in my camera bag.

7 days....just 7 days...I cannot wait.

0 comments: