Wednesday, March 04, 2015

8 Days a Week

Welcome to what has apparently become my weekly blog...I say this all the time and I'm constantly amazed with how fast time is whipping past.  In just a short - counts fingers - 17 days SPRING will be here.  For my East Coast friends, I swear, spring will get here. Here in the Pacific Northwest, we've had some beautiful already spring-ish weather. Sparky has been topless for several days. It's weird and it kinda freaks me out because the other shoe is going to fall...rain is coming. I'm sure of it. Although, the allergy relief rain brings would be totally worth it.

In - counts fingers - 27 days SIL and I will be on a plane bound for Barcelona.  I am getting more and more excited every day. Olive the Suitcase if upstairs and has stuff in it already. I've done all my research regarding photography and only wish that half my photos turn out as cool as some I've found.

There's more that's going on and it's way more fun to share with this little "Currently" post. My buddy BeagleBabe (I really need a new name for her) does this every month and I find it inspiring. 

Listening

Listening to my neighbors drag in their garbage cans and suddenly realize TODAY was garbage day. Ugh. 

Also listening to Lucy meowing at the top of her lungs down by the garage door. She occasionally "gets lost" and wales like nobody's business. I'll call out, "Lucy! We're up here." And she'll race upstairs. It's a game for her I think and she's trained me well. 

Oh god now brother is "singing" along.

Reading

I'm supposed to be reading our book club book, All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr, but instead am still reading Half Assed - A Weight Loss Memoir and find I can relate to almost  90% of this book. All but the losing a significant amount of weight part. That part, still working on.

Eating

I've been doing very well this week NOT buying lunch through the subsidized lunches at work. That convenience makes it, well, too convenient. This week I was determined to bring my lunch every day, but maybe one. 

Yesterday I packed a frozen meal. A guy in the office was running to Ezell's Chicken, and I didn't cave. Try as he might to talk me into it. I stood my ground and heated up my frozen meal. Two bites into it, I decided it tasted funny. As in, "I wonder how long that's been in the freezer" funny.  Bummed that I now had nothing for lunch, another guy at the table said, "Let's call guy A. He'll pick up chicken for you." We called, but he didn't answer. Frowny face. Then I remembered I had soup in my drawer. Went and got my soup. Heated it...took a bite and decided it too was gross. Meanwhile, Guy A finally called back and I ordered chicken. 

So does that count as eating out? I mean I did try to eat two things I had brought for lunch.

Loving

The Nivea Shower Lotion. I am horrible about hydrating my skin. I get on kicks where I lather something on every night. Then weeks will go buy and only my hands get any lotion. Then I saw a commercial for this. Always willing to spend $$ on something that may be an easier way to hydrate my skin, I bought it. And frankly...I love it. Because I'm working out almost every day now (only one or two days a week I can't get a work out in) I find I'm showering a bit more. And since I'm doing that, my skin is extra dry. Enter Nivea Shower Lotion. It's perfect. You should try it.

This is not a paid announcement.

Working On

Photos from our recent trip to the Pompeii Exhibition at the Pacific Science Center. I'm a wee bit obsessed with the history behind Pompeii.  It fascinates me that a volcano wiped out an entire city. AND that city wasn't unearthed for 16 centuries. It was all but forgotten. How does that happen? 

At any rate, the exhibition was fantastic. Some of the artifacts on display I actually saw 20 something years ago when I was there as a senior in high school 

But by far the most amazing, and sad, part are the bodies. The plaster molds of voids they found in the ash that when created, turned out to have one been a body.


 I went with this group of nut balls...whom I love very much. Oh I should mention, this was a selfie of us with the Space Needle in the background. What? You don't see the Space Needle...huh.

Finally Meg-A-Roonie and I got it right.

Contemplating

My budget. I was assured that I'd be going Full Time with the Best Company this side of the Mississippi. And in fact was told today I'd be hearing about a salary package. I'm sure the day got away from HR because I didn't hear. But just knowing that I'll soon be making less $$ kinda puts me into a panic. 

I realize being an FTE is what I want. And is great for me in the long term. The short term, with not getting paid for 16 days in April, has me a little freaked out. So I have been spinning all day with working through the budget in my head, then on the spreadsheet, then in my head. And ultimately I decided I need to find that wealthy husband...STAT.

And that's that. What have you been up to lately?

1 comments:

Claudia said...

This budget thing. Do you want help?