Tuesday, March 17, 2015

A little bit of this...

Things have been, well, interesting of late. Linus boy has had me quite busy.

Last week about this time, the poor little guy starting having issues peeing. Turned out he has Feline Urinary Track Disease...which is pretty common. The At Home Vet came by last Wednesday and said "Watch him".

So I watched.

I came home on Thursday and watched him spend 1 1/2 hours sitting in the litter box and doing nothing. There were some very frustrated and painful yowls. I called the V.E.T. She said, "Bring him in."

So Bubba Boy and I left during rush hour traffic to the V.E.T. They immediately checked for any blockage, cuz with that we would have had to go to the emergency V.E.T. Boy am I glad it wasn't that.

They wanted to keep him over night to "watch him". So they did.

Then they kept him another night (Friday).

Then another night (Saturday)

And finally on Sunday I got to bring him home.

We get to go through the torture of feeding him a pill three times a day (uretha relaxer - sounds fun right? Not!) and antibotics in the morning via a syringe (it's liquid).  He was acting all calm and easy for a day or two. Then this morning, Ninja Cat came out. I could have sworn he had 6 legs.

Meanwhile, Lucy LOVED being the only cat in the house. She elevated herself from Princess to Queen in no time.  She barely noticed he was gone. She sat, worried about him, next to the litter box - then when he was gone, she took over.

THEN...when Linus came home all Lucy did was hiss at him. And hiss some more.

Finally today she seems to recognize him. Crazy cat.

In other news, Barcelona is just days away. Like two weeks from today! yay. I can't wait.

Now if you'll excuse me...I gotta go give a cat a pill. Wish me luck.


0 comments: