Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Project Management & State of the Union Address

I wonder if I'm the only one who found an excellent quote that can be used toward project management in the State of the Union address by our President. I, admittedly, did not watch the SOU last night. I, personally, don't like watching the President speak...he seems like a puppet on a string to me and it drives me nutty. So, I prefer to read the SOU for my own information.

Being from the WEST side of the State of Washington, I lean more toward Democrat (to my parents dismay I suspect). We have a lot of liberals and activists in this state. But whether you agree with the current presidential party or not, I do think its important to listen and hear what he's saying. It is an obligation, I think, of each American citizen to know what's going on in their government. Like it or not. Education and knowledge is key.
And of course, the Democratic Response.

Back to the Project Management quote. The President was rattling on about something and he said, "Hindsight alone is not wisdom. And second guessing is not a strategy." Project Management is about planning and being organized and prepared throughout the project. And this quote brings it all home to me.

1 comments:

Ken La Salle said...

Normally, Jenn, I would agree with you that it's important to watch (and listen) to your representatives, in this case the SoU. But when the representative has broken the law so many times, I can't help but think that's the definition of distrust. And I can't listen to a man who has lied to me and caused so much harm. That's just my take.