Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Petechial Hemmoraging and other nasty stuff

I'm a big fan of crime shows. And I always love when they say "petechial hemmoraging". Mostly because I can't say the word "hemmoraging" and it gets me to say it. HemERAging, hemmaging...herAG-ing...whatever.

But I have petechial hemmoraging going on right now.

"Bring out yer dead! Bring out yer dead!"

"I'm not quiet dead yet"



As I was saying, I'm not dead yet, but things are not happy in JennLand.

Sunday I experienced something I hope to GOD I never experience again. I had a severe reaction to aspirin I believe. I had "cramps" (which will play into the later part of this story) and a slight head ache. Not being a girl who likes pain, I reached for the pain killers. But sadly I couldn't find my Tylenol. I found, instead, these nice little tablets I "borrowed" from Geeksoft. They're called "Pain-Aid". Very appropriately named for me...Pain = bad.

Only for some reason these little tablets I've taken a thousand times suddenly didn't like my system. I doubled over with most horrendous stomach cramps I've ever experienced. And I've experienced stomach cramps in my life - considering I inherited my mothers digestive track (thanks mom - smooch). But these were different. I could even stand up straight.

Now, I also must tell you I hate to throw up. HATE it. Yah, I know who does like it right? But most people do it just to get the pain over with. Not this girl. Throwing up is a direct indication that something is SERIOUSLY wrong. So as I laid in the fetal position on the bathroom floor in tears...I did it. I pulled myself up to the porcelain god and paid my homage. It was in fact so violent that I burst several blood vessels in my eye balls. It could be because my insides were screaming to get out of the captivity they were being held in. And I think my eyes thought they'd join in the exodus. Hours later I noticed that I had broken several blood vessels in my eyes and my face ( I've seen pregnant women with this after given birth - which I won't be ever considering now...)

That all being said I'm having other issues. Aunt Flow is visiting AGAIN. And let's just say things are not good with that regards.

I think I'm falling apart. I think my body is trying to tell me something and I don't think I speak its language.

I am, feeling better. Thanks for asking. I am just a bit concerned with regards to all that's going on.

And before you get all motherly with me...YES I have a doctor appt and a list to discuss with the dr.

3 comments:

Nicki said...

Ick! Sorry you feel so bad. It's weird how the body can tolerate and even like something for so long and then, all of a sudden, freak out when it comes in contact with it.

Ken La Salle said...

Jenn,

I feel like I know you so well now! ;)

I'm just going to tell you what I always tell Vicky:

BE CAREFUL!

Anonymous said...

Funny, I read this and not 2 minutes later CSI: NY begins with... you guessed it - petechial hemmoraging! Either they're too repetitive or they keep doing the same things over and over again.

XOXO

Mike G.