Friday, March 30, 2007

And on Friday...she rested

What a week! Whew! Let me tell you a thousand things have happened this week that has my mind all a twitter (can one's mind be a twitter?).


First and foremost, officially CM is going to hire me to a permanent position. I accomplished all my goals and officially, had my last review today in which I had to role play and do crap like that. Ick. But that aside, I was very glad to hear that the feedback the pointy haired boss received from the UK folks was positive and glowing. Which, why shouldn't it be? Right? I am all that! So say I.


Next, the UK folk and the GREAT OFFICE OPEN HOUSE. I've been managing this event since I started and have silently watched as I morphed into an office manager too. I've bought many a things for the office to make it look like an office, ordered stationary and business cards, bought plants, signage and organized the place to be presentable. One of the guys in the office redid the org chart and put the plants I bought under me and titled me the "Plant Manager". Clever eh?

The day of the big event arrives and as the delivery folks are putting up these fantastic looking kiosks I realize (the event is in 2 hours mind you ) that I have not planned or found any sample work for said kiosks. You have GOT to be kidding me? How could I have let the MAIN reason slip through my paws? So flustered I hurried off to Office Depot (pronounced DEHPO if your a brit apparently) and voila...signage and holders for collateral and all good stuff.


The feedback from everyone was outstanding. Everyone had a great time, the place looked fantastic and the bottom line is more sales for us. The pointy haired boss had flowers delivered to me from the entire CM group congratulating me on a successful event. Aren't they pretty?


Finally, here is the office. Some names have been changed to protect the not so innocent.


From Right to left: The brit, PM DUDE, The SPS Guy, Techy Guy, Pointy Haired Boss, New Girl, Sassy Sales Girl, PM Princess (aka me), Tall Techy Guy from Oregon.


Just look at how beautiful that sign is. I kick white ass. I don't care what anyone says.


In other news, DMQ Anniversary show this weekend. Provided I can stay awake past 10PM I'll be dating with the boys on Saturday night. Blueberry and GalPal Margo (who said she'd date a tree at this point) will be joining me.

Rock on with your bad selves.


I had coffee with the Xcrush today. He fixed my wireless issue with my computer. Which wasn't the reason we met for coffee. No, he suggested it, if you can believe it. Boys are weird. It was fun though to sit and get caught up with him without feeling all twittery inside around him. He's still got whatever he is supposed to have to make me want to crush all over him. But at least I've move past all that. Really! I have!

0 comments: