Thursday, March 22, 2007

Q-Tip: 1 King of the House: 0

The woman of this household has been working feverishly and hasn't had the time to post anything worthwhile (I suspect there are some of you who question if any of it is worthwhile). She leaves early (before 6AM & I'm barely out of my cat bowl yet) and comes home WELL past feeding time (which is, effectively, all day).

Since she's been gone "hunting" (that's what she tells me she does all day. I have my doubts since I am quite sure anything that can be killed doesn't come in a tin can) I find my ways of amusing myself.

My latest adventure has been with this little cotton sticks the woman calls "Cuutips". The woman has a jar of them on her bathroom counter. It seems she uses them to apply odd smelling and atrocious stuff to her face and she uses them to brush her ears or something like that. I, on the other hand, have found a new and EXCITING use for them. I found I can pick them out of the jar as the woman has no lid on said jar. Once I hunt down and pick a "victim" I toss it merrily into the air. It generally lands on the floor. Though I've been known to have excellent aim and have it hit the bit water bowl. That I found doesn't agree with me as the games over at that point.

Generally speaking if it lands on the floor, its fair game. These "cuutips" are curious creatures too, they disappear on me sometimes. I innocently send them flying into the air, and sometimes they never come down. But the woman, she's the master of hunting, because she finds them all the time, which is then followed by her war cry that goes something like this, "Pookie - for the love of Pete."

Yesterday the woman was startled and stunned to find one of my "lost" chases in a shoe. She put the shoe on and wobbled around wondering what the...was in the shoe. Upon removing said shoe she found my lost toy. Yipee. Woman: 1

Last weekend she moved my lounging throne and found a couple, too. I have yet to determine where those are hiding now.

I should probably admit at this point that I don't actually "lose" them. No. Instead I distinctively and artfully "place" them so the woman can find them. She does need to hon in her hunting skills, so I figured I could help out a bit.

And finally, to those of you who pleaded with the woman to feed me more. Your pleads, I fear, have gone unheard. She now is not only feeding me more, but she's telling me that we are going on an adventure to a new land called V.E.T. I can hardly wait to throw up in the car.

2 comments:

Al & Jo said...

Pookie---I agree with your Auntie Bev. Tell "the woman" you wouldn't play so much with the cuutips IF you had someone to play with during the day. After all, you must be very, very bored, my poor, underfed, grandkitty.

Love
Gramma
PS....The VET will only help you....I promise. And make sure you throw up on "the woman" and not the car...she cleans better!

Nicki said...

Don't you just love the fact that 'woman' probably spends a ton of money on cat toys and you'd rather play with Q-tips or the piece of plastic you pull off a milk carton? Oh, and bottle caps. We like bottle caps.

Calley & Sebastian