Friday, May 30, 2008

Celebration and such

So after I posted last night I had a run in with a crane. Well, actually I didn't run into it, but it was within touching distance to me. As I followed the crane with my camera it ate 4 lizards. And by ate I mean swallowed whole. As it swallowed the little devil I could see it wiggle down the cranes throat...totally grossed me out, but it was fascinating all the same. If you look closely you can see one lizard in it's mouth.

After witnessing that, and after two beers at happy hour, SLSIL and I walked across the street to Fish Bone and had a spectacular dinner. I had a steak that was like butter...so tender and delicish.

This morning I actually slept in. No kidding. I got up at about 9am. I never sleep that late. So SLSIL and I got up, headed to Bucky's and then off to Celebration. It's this cute little Stepfordish town. It really feels like a movie set, but some very cute shops. We met up with some old family friends from way back when. The Rahbar's and my family go back almost 30 years. Seems impossible to think when I first met them their youngest were barely two and now they're in their 30's with children. Which seems impossible because I've not aged. Huh! Anyhow, we were treated to a fantastic lunch at a little Italian restaurant. In fact, I have some on my shirt right now...thought I'd savor the moment and bring some home with me.


You can't see it but behind us is a sign warning people to not aggravate the alligators. Really? You think?

After departing Celebration - well after stopping at the Bucky's again for an ice tea - SLSIL and I headed off to Downtown Disney. Disney is all over down here and I'm convinced Orlando would barely be a blip on any map if Disney wasn't here. Anyhow, we just wanted to wonder through downtown Disney. Full of shops with just about anything Disney you want. Walking through we found a Ghiradelli chocolate shop. We just had to go in. I bought some chocolate peanut butter bars that were ZOMG so good - they gave us a sample and I just couldn't pass it down. I bought an extra to bring back with me to work and I might share with PMDude...maybe. But then SLSIL says to me, "Have you ever had a chocolate soda?" Er - a who and what now? Soshe twisted my arm and said we had to have one. Who was I to say no? Apparently they date back to the good old days and fountain drinks. So I couldn't possibly pass up an opportunity to have a chocolate soda. And when they asked if I wanted chocolate or vanilla ice cream in it I knew I was in for a treat. A treat indeed. It was delicious! I decided I should bring some home on my shirt for later too.

1 comments:

Al & Jo said...

I can't believe in all the years you have been my daughter, you have never had a chocolate ice cream soda....my absolute favorite! My sister and I love to go to the old Drug Store in Grants Pass and have them...they are the best. Now you are hooked.

PS I am using your computer tonight...too lazy to hook mine up! And I have not seen spooky, er, I mean Pookie. Well, that's not true, he is way back under the bed. But he has left enough evidence that he is here to make another cat!