Thursday, May 15, 2008

Roll the windows down, turn the radio up, let the wind blow through my hair

It's summer here in the great northwest. At least for today, tomorrow and possibly Saturday. It's hard to say really, our weather men are 98% wrong it seems. Tomorrow they say mid 80s! WHOA! Too bad I'll be at work. Though I might appreciate the air condition office building.

See that's just like us Seattle types. We complain when it rains. Complain when it's sunny and complain when it's both. We're never satisfied. I blame Geeksoft! No reason in particular. I just do.

The sunny weather brings every freak known to man out. People roll their windows down and they assume I need to hear their stupid music. Puleeze! I want to hear my music that's blaring with MY windows down.

I have a bone to pick with you dear readers. Not a single one of you offered up to buy that Mustang for me OR the Zune. What gives? Here I'm all nice to you by writing and sharing my most inner most secrets and thoughts. Sheesh! The nerve!

This week was officially "Pamper Jenn" week (which is why I assumed I'd come home to find a Warrior Mustang in my driveway!). I got a pedicure (or a nice foot torture and pretty paint on the toes), got the hair cut and colored and finally today was a massage by Chicken Lady.

In other fine news of the day, The Yank gets a big YOU ROCK! He gave me the snazzy code for the honor roll of my donors. I'm trying to fix it to remove last names and all so never fear you'll true identity will be safe with me..some day! Anyhow, Yank...thanks - hey that rhymes. "Stop rhyming and I mean it." "Anyone want a peanut?"

Saturday will be another long walk. 16 miles is the goal. We have chicken out points where we (read: I) can choose to go back and not suffer the 16 miles. I'm game though. In fact, I'm more than game. Last Saturday stunk the big one and so I feel like I owe it to myself to really focus. Did a quicky 5 miles yesterday, but haven't been able to get any walking in the rest of the week. I have been able to get in some cross training so Yah me. Just for that I think I should get to work from home tomorrow! As if.

On the work front, I got a big thumbs up for a Boring Unfortunate Meeting and my attention to my projects. Yay me - two! I got some good feedback from appropriate people. But still other appropriate people could not find it to actually say "good job" but instead found "fault" in what I should have done. Argh!

1 comments:

Anandi said...

Yay for your good feedback.

And the never being happy is definitely a characteristic of GeekSoft. I love how even when I got a promotion, in the meeting where they discuss your review, you get about 2 minutes of "good job, here's your promotion" and 58 minutes of "here's what you could be doing better".

That's not something i'm looking forward to.

Re: the half marathon training, I have been very flaky. I'm not sure I'm going to make it without stepping up my game. I'll let you know.