Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Hello? Hello out there! Anyone there?

Yah I bet that's what some of you are saying. My deepest apologies for taking such a break from writing. It wasn't intentional, I just lost track of time.

Last week wasn't such a great week at work, which could account for my lack of writing. Let's just say that things have been said. Thoughts have been processed. Decisions need to be made.

The ParentalUnits were here this weekend after a lovely extended cruise in which they took great joy in spending my inheritance. And all I got from it was a lousy t-shirt...oh wait, I didn't even get that! No matter. It was good to see them again and glad they are out gallivanting around the globe in their retirement.

I have a few more shout outs to make! I'm officially half way + a couple hundred to my $5,000 goal. WHOA! You all rock! Every single one of you who's donated. But more importantly the following get their very own shout outs!

OPSTADS OF THE LAKE! THANK YOU FOR YOUR GENEROUS DONATION!

MR. VOLLEYBALL AND THE DANE: WOW! THAT'S ALL I CAN SAY. WOW. MR. VOLLEYBALL WE'VE BEEN FRIENDS FOR A LONG LONG LONG TIME AND I'M SO VERY FORTUNATE TO HAVE YOU AS A FRIEND. THANK YOU FOR YOUR DONATION!

NEVADA TURTLE'S COMPADRES: I'M ALWAYS SHOCKED THAT PEOPLE WHO DON'T EVEN KNOW ME DONATE TO SUCH A FANTASTIC CAUSE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND DONATION.

TIT: YES THAT'S RIGHT! I REMEMBER BACK IN HIGH SCHOOL WHEN WE GOT OUR INITIALS ON OUR LETTERMAN JACKETS AND YOURS CAME BACK T.I.T. THANK YOU FOR YOUR DONATION!

Whew! My cup runneth over!

I made a sentimental leap this weekend that I'd like to share. I've been trying to think of a way to carry everyone who's offered support to me through donations with me during the walk. I've decided that I'm going to write everyone's name on a t-shirt and wear it. BigBro suggested that I offer up certain locations to the highest bidder. It seems odd to think about pimping certain anatomyout for a cause, but if it means big money, why not!

Last weekend BigBro, Blue and I walked 10 miles. That put me at 190 training miles. Then the 5 BigBro and I did tonight makes me teetering on hitting the 200 mark. Our big 15/15 back to back walk is scheduled for Memorial Day weekend. We'll walk 15 Friday night and 15 Saturday. Sunday I'll be dead. Monday I might be okay, though TBD.

Oh and I'm heading south. That's right, heading to Orlando, FL for a wee bit of vacation and then a conference. I leave the end of May for the vacation part. Any suggestions on what to do there besides Disney and Kennedy Space Center would be most welcome. St. Louis Sister-In-Law will be joining me for our mini-break - so look out Orlando! I could care less about Disney. We have a plan to see the space center, so I need something more. Shopping of course will be on the agenda...that's a given with SLSIL.

So for not...toodles! Gotta get some more work done.

1 comments:

Nicki said...

I get tired just from READING about your walking adventures!