Monday, April 13, 2009

Post 3 Day Weekend Wrap Up

This should be quick. I can tell you all that I did over the weekend in pretty short order. In a word...nothing.

That's right...nothing. But in between the nothings time, I did a few other things.

Went to a new restaurant on Friday night with the Newlyweds (or Stalemates - I need to come up with a new nickname for them). We tried this little grill called Oddfellow's in Redmond. It was quite possibly one of the best burgers I've had in this area. And that's saying a lot considering I got the "must have cheeseburger" gene from The MomUnit. If The ParentalUnits make it to Seattle this year I might have to take them there.

Oh I had to work a little on Friday too - even though it was technically a holiday for our office. There's a part of me that's fine with "helping out". Then there's a part of me that gets ticked off because I had to work on a holiday, and I'm pretty sure they don't pay me enough for that. But like I said, the "other" part won out in the end because I do like my job and my company.

Saturday I was lazing around the house wondering what to do all day when the phone rang. It was a colleague from the UK asking to help download some files. 8 GB of files. Guess I found out what I'd be doing on Saturday. I watched the files download and crash for 4+ hours and decided perhaps a quick run into the office would be a better way to download. I was wrong. I gave up after 45 minutes and figured I gave it my best - since it was a Saturday - and that would have to do for now.

After that I had a hair cut appt in Edmonds. Off I went - got my coffee - sat in Starbucks and drank said coffee with my book in hand. I hadn't gotten two sentences read when a woman plunked down across from me. I glanced up briefly, and caught her eye. She - what I consider - squealed in delight because I happened to be reading the same book as her. Which then meant we had to talk about the characters and the story and where we were in the book. Get this, we were 3 pages different from each other. Weird right? Anyhow, post small world adventure I got all my hair cut...and short too. Edmonds isn't so close to me anymore so I put off the cuts longer than I probably should.

After cut, I went home and cooked dinner. Speaking of cooking, I've updated my cooking blog to a cool new template. It makes me hungry every time I look at it. Go check it out. I'll wait. I've posted 25 new recipes already in 2009. I'm sure I've tried more, but that's all that seemed to make it to the blog.

My neighborhood has a new puppy in it. I met her last week. She's a white German Shepard that has feet the size of Texas. She'll grow into them eventually. Anyhow, she was out and about with her people when I noticed that she was wearing bunny ears. I laughed so hard at the look on this dogs face with these enormous feet and enormous ears. Oh it totally made my day.

Yesterday, I cleaned. I did laundry. I read. I watched some saved TV shows. I gawked a the amount of rain that was falling from the sky and wondered if Noah and his Ark would be stopping by. I made Hunter's Stew for dinner, and watched my new favorite movie. Bolt. OMG...it's such a cute movie. If you're a dog lover, and you've not seen this little animated gem, I highly recommend it. It's Disney and has some parts to it that are so "dog" behavior. If you don't know about it, here's the trailer.

And with that, I'm off to the chirocracker...

0 comments: