Monday, April 27, 2009

Welcome to the Church of the Holy Cabbage. Lettuce pray.

Ahhh Monday...how I really really don't like thee. But alas, here we are again. A new week for new adventures. Huh, that's weird. No new adventures scheduled for this week.

The weekend, as weekends do, flew by without really stopping for a glass of wine. When asked what I did this weekend, all that came to mind was - eat.

Saturday AM I had to start my day off right with a good solid breakfast. Someone, who shall remain nameless, was craving pancakes like a month ago which prompted me to buy pancake mix and syrup. And now, every Saturday I make three pancakes. Interestingly enough, Pancake #1 is always undercooked. Pancake #2 - over cooked. But pancake #3 is always just right (where have I heard that before?). I need to find a way to start with pancake #3 and then make 3 just like it.

Then as if dough for breakfast wasn't enough, I met Seattle Sis-in-Law and one of the other crab hat ladies for dinner at one of my favorite restaurants in town, The Mediterranean Kitchen. They have the BEST, most garlicky hummus that I've ever had. In fact, I had so much garlic pulsing through my innards that I couldn't even pick up my most recent vampire book to read.

ahem

Anyhow, their portions are enormous. For the price you pay you easily get two or more meals. So Sunday "brunch" was left overs. Even though I hadn't fully recovered from eating so much on Saturday night, I felt the garlic call to me and had to help myself on Sunday for "brunch".

Then I went grocery shopping. You should - and by you I mean me - never ever go grocery shopping while you're hungry. I spend way more. Thankfully I stayed WELL within my budget this Sunday and got a little exercise walking around and around the store.

Sunday night it was dinner at the Keg for Blueberry's free birthday meal. Bigbro, Sisterinlaw and blueberry and I signed up for the birthday club. So for the month of your birthday you get a free steak dinner up to $23.95. It's quite a deal if you ask me. We're thinking about signing up our entire family. One per month regardless of when their birthday is. They'll never know.

Sunday night I was, again, miserable. You'd think I'd learn. But that "old dog new tricks" thing was in attendance. I swore I'd never eat again. (hahahahah yah, right).

I did do other things this weekend besides eat. I spent several hours in the scrapbook room organizing, and inputting recipes into my crazy recipe database that I'm obsessed with. So far this year I've tried something like 37 new recipes. And considering I put in an average of 10-15 new ones each month, I'll never EVER get through all my recipes. So I'm starting to be very particular about what makes the cut for the recipe bowl.

Aside from all the food, I did finally get caught up on some TV shows, as well as finished yet another book. I so need a life.

2 comments:

The Yank said...

I have the PERFECT solution for your pancake dilemma...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0017L9Q9C?gclid=CMb7ma_QkpoCFQJ-xgodkQ-KMg

Seriously tho, I can make perfect pancakes every time with this, just get your griddle to 350 degrees then pour in your batter, then keep it at that temp.

The Yank said...

Besides, you can't go wrong with a laser in the kitchen. :)