Friday, July 24, 2009

Forget The Working Blues and Let the Good Times Roll

Friday's really are God's gift to the free world. Especially when it's a day off. Earlier this week I discovered that I had no meetings scheduled for today, so I saw that as a sign to take a day off. Which I am. And I'm glad. PMGoddess threatened me with regards to logging in at all. She said she'd come over here and "sort me out". Which is enough to scare me into submission.

And so I'm not checking any work email. And it feels so good. The little curiosity bug wants to check, but I know it'll suck me in. It always does.

So, what am I doing on my day off? Absolutely nothing of value. Me and the Oodles of Poodles got up early and headed out to Starbucks and the doggy park. Hindsight being what it was I should probably have waited on the Starbucks until after the doggy park. Have you ever tried holding two cumbersome dog leashes, a poop sack ready to pick up, a chuck it, and a grande vanilla americano? I would highly recommend not. Trying to balance them was unsuccessful ... the americano took a dive. The dogs liked it though.

Two tired poodles, one less ball, two bags of poop and one less coffee later, we left the doggy park. We did stop at Starbucks again on the way home. I tried to exchange one of the poodles for a cup of coffee, but thought better of it since I'd never hear then end of it from the MomUnit.

Cup of coffee in hand, poodles sleeping, I sat on the back deck and read a program management book and soaked up the sun. Ahhh, peace.

I really needed this break. My intent was to do some work, but I thought maybe I should just not. Working 12 hour days can really drain a gal and it might make me productive to take a breather. I can't seem to shake that nagging feeling that I'll now be way behind, but I intend on dealing with that feeling like I deal with all my feelings - a good bottle of wine.

The weekend ahead is looking to be very quiet too. So by Monday I should be completely recharged. Finally...we'll see how long it lasts.

0 comments: