Sunday, July 12, 2009

I Think I Found the Perfect Man for me...

I know, you wouldn't think it was possible, and yet, I believe I met him.

Today I took the UK Bloke on the Seattle Duck Tour. Amusing to say the least. It's odd to see the sites of your own town. There were a couple of times I wanted to call bullshit on their "history" but figured I'd keep my mouth closed for once.

Our tour guide, however, is the male version of me. How so? Well...

1. He played really bad music on our tour
2. He sang and danced to said bad music
3. He had bad hair (okay it was a Seahawk wig, but still)
4. He had multiple hats that he used to display his oddness (see 3Day stories)

Anyhow, the part that got me giggling was watching him play a bunch of 80's songs, singing loud and off key, and dancing in his seat as he drove us through Seattle. It's me, with a Y chromosome and drive a Duck!


(HikerGirl, UK Bloke, me, My Perfect Man, Blueberry)

It was the perfect Seattle day for a Duck tour, rainy and a bit chilly. Yesterday it was 80+, today 65 ish. But all in all we had fun and got to check one more thing off my list of 40 things to do in my 40th year!

Actually, last night also lent to adding one more thing I've never done before to my list. I took the UK Bloke to a piano dueling bar downtown. Whenever going someplace new you never really know what you're going to get, and last night we had a little of everything from really bad food, to a really bad comedian to pretty darn good piano dueling. Did I mention the food was really bad? Yah, gross in fact. But in the end, we had a blast. We got to sing off key to a lot of really bad songs, enjoy some excellent piano playing (and by "excellent" I mean someone playing piano and talking/singing at the same time...amazing to me). The layout of the "dueling pianos" isn't exactly what I thought - essentially the crowd make requests of songs. It can be anything. The piano players take the request, and play it. Doesn't sound too complicated until you realize that they're getting requests like songs from Snoop Dog and songs from Neil Diamond. Crazy. Oh, did I mention songs by Neil Diamond....



Those great voices you hear in the background would be PhotoGirl, myself and UK Bloke...yah we're rock stars.

0 comments: