Sunday, August 30, 2009

Adding to the 40...

The weeks sure speed by don't they? I'm still trying to catch my breath from moving in January and here I am having lived here for 7 months already. Unbelievable.

Well, lucky me gets to add two new things to my list of 40 New Things. I got to go in and have a girly procedure done testing for some other girly issues. And thanks that new thing, I get to go in and have a small girly surgery! Oh goody! Thankfully it's absolutely standard and has no serious issues related to the surgery. I'm not looking forward to it, but I'm not afraid of what they'll find either. We know there's already a "growth" - that's the tough part right? My doctor - who is a woman in her 60's is about 5'2" and has the wit of no one I've ever met. Anyhow, she's almost certain they won't find the growth to be anything abnormal - she just prefers to remove it...and I'm with her.

I think what has me more concerned is the being put under part. I've only one other time have been out of complete control of myself and I can say that being a control freak I really don't like it. The thought of going to sleep and waking up having had the house cleaned is just a bit scary to me. But I'll be fine. The MomUnit will be here - in fact I'd have the surgery sooner if the MomUnit didn't "demand" that she be here. Moms. Sheesh!

In other non-medical news, I've been scanning ALL my photos. I started with my first scrapbook which is for 1968 through the Jr. High. I just finished 2000. I'm not scanning each and every photo - but the good ones and the ones that have certain stories with them. And of course, ANY photo that can be posted to FB that shines an 80's light on any friends in which I can exact some revenge for something they've done to me in my life. A few of you should be scared...very scared.

Just pulled the recipes for this week, and I gotta tell you I'm hungry already.
Sunday - Pasta with Chicken and Mushrooms - one of my ALL time favorites. So easy and quick and makes a pretty good left over...considering I'm someone who doesn't like leftovers that's saying something.

Monday - Panaeng Beef in Red Curry Peanut Sauce
Tuesday - Parmesan Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Wednesday - Pecan Crusted Chicken Tenders & Salad with Tangy Maple BBQ Dressing
Thursday - Grilled Honey Lime Chicken Sandwiches - this is a do over. I have a friend coming for scrapbooking and thought this would be a nice simple dinner.

So, if any of you want to come to dinner - let me know for how many to set the table!

0 comments: