Sunday, August 09, 2009

Life View from the High Dive...

Now that I have my brain about me. I swear to God I can't stay up late anymore and not pay the ultimate price the next day. Though secretly it was all worth it. All of it.

HikerGirl and I started the night off with dinner then headed into Seattle for a night of DMQ. They are trying out a new guitar player so I was a bit concerned how that would work out. I've been watching these guys since 1998 and have seen them go through some changes. So far most the changes have been for the better (after a brief adjustment period on my part).
On the way to the High Dive, which I originally thought was in another part of Seattle than it was - but thank heavens I figured that out before we left. Though it didn't help us much. HikerGirl and I were chatting (shocking, I know.) and we missed our turn. But never fear, HikerGirl was there to "help" get us back on track. We turned at the following corner. I turned to HikerGirl and asked, "So? Do I go straight?" Her response, "Yes, go left." Huh? We hadn't even been drinking - I think we both needed that giggle.
In Fremont, I had no idea where the High Dive was. After driving up and down, parking and checking the interweb (thank god for CrackBerries). We parked again and strolled to the bar. Interestingly enough, the outside of the bar has a photo of an woman in a diving position - huh? Clever.
The bar was ultimately empty...I thought...then I realized it was just a super duper small bar. As we walked in I was greeted by the Bass Guitarist with a "Hey Jenn - thanks for coming." You do know I giggled like a little girl who got her first barbie. I turned to HikerGirl and was all, "TeeHee...he knew who I was..." She, I believe, just rolled her eyes.
We ordered our drinks and proceeded to jibber jabber and people watch. When we noticed these two VERY large paper mache type sculptors hanging from the ceiling. I thought the one was of a kangaroo...keep in mind I was looking from the side to these - not straight on. When HikerGirl said, "I think that one is male." I glanced over and was searching for how she could see it was "male" when my eyes bugged out. Yep. Male. We both assumed the other was female, but we couldn't be sure.
I had to go find the little girls room so my mission was to check out the other and confirm if she was female or not. Off I go to the potty. I find the hallway and see two doors. Neither are marked for the gender. Instead they have two photos on it. One of a rooster. The other with a cat. I stood there for a second and wondered which one. I went for the cat. Inside I was greeted with "stalls" made out of velvet curtains. Weird. As I walked in the door art hit me. I'm such a goober.
Back to the table HikerGirl asked me about the female sculpture...dammit I forgot to check. The night progressed and I glanced over again and noticed the sculpture had boobies. How I missed them before is beyond me...but sure enough...female.
Ahem. Shortly after PhotoGirl and the Yank joined us. We danced and sang to the first set - well PhotoGirl had to get physical with some drunk dancers to keep her dance space from being invaded by elbows - but still we danced and had a blast.
Super small crowed consisting of mostly females. But the band sounded great. I'm not a big fan of the new guitarist. He didn't seem like he was having fun and just didn't seem to fit the personality of DMQ. He could play, that wasn't it...he just didn't seem like DMQ to me. So we shall see.
Yesterday, after recovering from being out until 2AM - I took the clean and shiny poodles to the doggy park. Just a few more days of babysitting and the Parental Units can have their mutts back. Today we'll go later most likely, but I have some cleaning and laundry to do. Then meeting HikerGirl and BlueBerry for dinner. And then...bah...back to work. WAHHHH!

1 comments:

Al & Jo said...

And we can't wait to get our clean and shiny mutts back! See you tomorrow night.