Sunday, January 03, 2010

I'm accustomed to a smooth ride

...I have the song Obvious Child by Paul Simon stuck in the noggin. I decided to look up the lyrics because there's a portion of the song I just mumble because I had no idea what he was saying. And now that I've read the lyrics, I have no idea what he's saying. Weird lyrics. I love it when songs are deeper than me. Makes me feel, well accustomed to a smooth ride.

This smooth ride is about to end though. Tomorrow is "Back To Work" day. blech! I've been off work - sorta - since the 24th of December and I'm getting used to this "free time". Now I just need to figure a way to have this "free time" and get paid.

And so I decided today I'm going to start to play the lottery. Why not? $1 a week - if I remember to buy a ticket...I'm feeling lucky. And if all of you send your luck this way I'm sure it will pay off.

Hold please while I blow my nose....

Okay, where was I? Oh yes, luck. A small side of me is nervous asking for you to send luck to me because it could just as easy be bad luck as it could be good luck and since I'm about to get on a big boat...I can't risk running into an iceberg, so never mind on the luck wishes. Keep them yourself.

Seriously. Keep them.

I've been blessed - or lucky - to have come down with a small cold. Perfect timing really. I mean why not now? I suppose it could have waited until next week...which would have sucked tremendously. So, I'll sniffle my way through the week. It's holding with just a stuffed nose now, and am hoping it stays there. I bought myself some Airborne though figuring it wouldn't be a bad idea to start hopping up the immune system. I mean I'm about to get on board a ship that if it doesn't hit an iceberg, does have a disease on it...what's that cruise ship disease? Not SARS...what is it? Um... ? Well whatever it is, I figure if you isolate hundreds of people on a boat, and one of them has a virus...it'll get passed. And so I've got my purell, my airborn and my germ phobia all packed.

I just have to get through 5 days of work...ugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Norovirus..........xoxo

Al & Jo said...

NOROVIRUS and you will be quarentined to your room! So don't get it. ANd since you are rooming with us, if you get it, we will be quarentined as well. You will be sleeping on the deck!