Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I think I love you, so what am I so afraid of. I'm afraid that I'm not sure of a love there is no cure for...

Yes, I'm in love. No I'm not cheating on the BF - he still makes one helluva a cup of Joe. He will never be replaced - well until he wears out, in which case I might then have to replace him.

But in the meantime, while I enjoy my robust cup of Joe, I get to have a thrill on the side with a new food that I'm drooling over just typing about.

If you don't have a Trader Joe's in your area, or if you've never shopped there, let me just say, "I'm so sorry." I honestly never thought I'd shop there on a regular basis, but one opened up just up the road and I find myself "swinging" by all too often.

Last trip there, I ran in for tomatoes (they always have a good deal on grape tomatoes). While there I decided to - big mistake - wander through the aisles and really look at what they have available.

That's when I saw him. In the cooler section with the meat. He had a name tag. It read "Pollo Asada". Droool!

Since everyone knows I have a thing for Latin's you shouldn't be surprised that I brought him home. Tonight I made Pollo Asada tacos. On the side I made a lime, red onion, and cilantro salsa to top these tacos. BBQ'd the Pollo Asada, chopped it up and had a fantastic meal.

The package would feed four not so hungry people. I cooked up 2 of the thinly sliced chicken pieces and it made two small tacos and left overs.

If you have a Trader Joe's - I highly recommend checking these out.

1 comments:

Al & Jo said...

We have to stop this NOW! I made carne asada taco's for dinner tonight --yummo