Sunday, February 28, 2010

Will you miss me when I'm gone?

Is it just me or did February come and go quicker than anything? I can't believe it's the end of the month already - if my checking account was full thanks to payday I wouldn't believe it.

The weekend went by relatively uneventful. Cuz I know you care, here's what I did.

Saturday
Felt energized and sat around the house most the day. I hate it when I have the desire to do something or the thought to do it, but the energy and the will just doesn't exist. I needed to spend time cleaning up the scrapbook room (it was an unholy mess after the Great Cruise Scrap of 2010). Still, just didn't feel it. So it sat and so did I.

Headed to BigBro's house in the afternoon for Little Niece's birthday. And by "little" I mean she's turning 20. Which brings me back to how quickly time flies? I was in college - trying to study - when she was born. How is it that I've been out of college for almost 20 years? I don't feel any older, how can she be older? Still, the gathering was fun and in a typical family kinda of way.

Sunday
I was up at the buttcrack of dawn thanks to a certain black cat that lives here. He seems to think that since the sun is rising, he MUST be fed. So we played the walking up and down and across me for several minutes. And then the Cat Stare! I could feel his yellow evil eyes just glaring at me. I didn't dare crack mine or all would be lost. Still I was curious what time it was...and that did it. He knew I was awake. Or awake enough.

It looked like it was going to be a beautiful day and it was. I jumped in the stang and headed to the Hood to feed the beasts that Blueberry lives with. Upon return I strapped on the tenny runners and went for a walk. I think I only did 1.5 miles at the most - feet hurt some, but not overly bad. I'm toying with walking in the 3 Day again this year. I really want to, but am unsure how the feet are going to hold up. I could just sign up and fund raise and not actually walk, but that seems a bit silly. It's not about just the walking, but people are donating big because you're doing something big. Just showing up isn't big.

After the walk, I had a ton of energy. I decided to move a big book case from down in the garage to my scrapbook room. BIG mistake. While it is only shelving, the back wasn't, and isn't, at all pleased with the carrying. Although, it could be out of joint from the little jig I did to get rid of a bee that was buzzing around me. Yes it's that warm here the bees are coming out. My frogs are out in the pond...the true sign the spring is here.

Once I got the shelving unit upstairs, I was a cleaning maniac. Organized the scrapbook room - again (you'd think if I put half the energy into working out that I put into organizing my scrapbook room, I'd be like a size 2). But now, at last, it seems to be just right. After all that, I decided I might as well scrap a few pages.

Then it was dinner time. BBQ'd curry chicken I bought at Trader Joe's. Made a little broccolini (God I love that stuff) a salad and sat down to have a fine meal. Turned off the TV and read for a change.

And just like that the weekend is over. Hmph! Me thinks we need longer weekends.

Oh and I didn't win the lottery yesterday! Which means I have to go to work tomorrow.

0 comments: