Monday, June 07, 2010

She's a Fighter like her mama always taught her to be...

Pink is the word. And this weekend was all about pink and breast cancer awareness. It's hard to believe I've been a part of the 3Day/60 mile breast cancer community for 2 glorious years now, but I have. And each event I go to or volunteer for I am sure none can ever top it...and somehow, the next one does. It's hard to explain the 3Day world to people, but just imagine a world where everyone feels and gives love. Warmth. Care. Happiness that exists around something so sad and horrible as breast cancer...truly amazing. And I'm so honored to be a part of it.

This past Saturday was the 3Day expo. The 3Day staff - whom I adore - asked me and galpal Lori (Who shall hence forth be known as Crazy L?) to be at the Inspiration table. They asked us to bring our scrapbooks and talk to walkers about how to be inspired by the 3Day. I felt, what's the word, honored to be asked. I mean they want "me" to inspire people. Okay. I can do that!

First, to spend the day with the 3day community of love and friendship and then to spend it volunteering with none other than Crazy L...I knew the day would be a blast. I laughed, I cried -what? of course I cried - I laughed some more. It was, a great day.

What surprised me more than anything was the feedback I got about my scrapbooks. The shocked look on peoples faces about how much work (or assumed work) they think went into them. The compliments of the beautiful pages I had done. The questions about how did I do that? The question of "can I take a picture of this design?" All of it was a bit overwhelming. And I found a bit embarrassing.

I'm proud of the scrapbooks I've made for the 3 day. Its hard to not make something so beautiful when everything you're working with is beautiful in every way. I am a good scrapbooker, but I had no idea people thought I was that good. So many women asked me to take their photos, begged really, and scrap for them. If only I could find a way to make $$ at that - and so today I started thinking about how I could raise $$ for the 3Day/60 mile walk by scrapbooking peoples experiences. Still, I was a bit "ahhhh" struck by the love I felt from people viewing my scrapbooks and oogling over my pages. I felt loved. And accomplished.

Princess Lori, Erin, Blueberry and I (notice the Hope Miche bag shell - I saw two other girls there with the same hand bag.)


 Princess Lori and I preparing to Inspire people.

Coffee and pink - my two favorite things



Our Inspire domain. I feel inspired. Don't you?

 I'd say don't ask, but I know you will. Princess Lori has these awesome sparkly shoes. She was trying to get them into the photo...and well, I had to show off my non pink shoes.


In other non pink news, I did not get the job I interviewed for on Friday. Which is probably a good thing. While the job sound exciting and something I'd love to do, it would have launched me right out of my comfort zone into a very uncomfortable zone. I would have taken more time than necessary, I think, to ramp up. So while I was sad to not get the job, I was equally relieved because I knew in my gut it wasn't' the job for me. It takes a lot for me to say that. The 'fearful' girl in me wants a job. The 'realist girl' in me what's THE job.

More phone interviews this week. I know the job of my dreams is out there. I can hardly wait to meet it.

0 comments: