Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Everything bites in the desert...

I can't take credit for the title. BigBro stated this while in Tucson a couple of weeks ago.  And he's right. Scary.

I have nothing really exciting to tap out tonight, other than I wanted to post some photos of things that bite from Arizona. 

You'll notice in several of these photos that there's this pink duck in them. That's Puck. My new side kick. Every superhero needs one. And while I'm not a superhero yet, I can start practicing by having a side kick.

Beau the Poodle doesn't bite, and he wasn't at all interested in letting Puck sit on his head

This tree/bush, while beautiful, was FULL of bumble bees and other bee types.  I used my telephoto lens on this. No way. No how I was getting close to this yellow, buzzing, tree of death.

I think BigBro called this the Elk Horn ... which makes sense considering it looks all horny.  Yes, I did just say that.

Puck didn't seem to mind the horns on this one.

He did, however, mind them on this one and got one stuck in his little, pink, duck butt.

He thinks its safer in the flower.

I was willing them to open. Apparently prickly pear cactus flowers start out pink and turn yellow. At least the variety in the Parental Units "yard" do this.

I'm pretty sure this little critter doesn't bit. But if you're a Monty Python fan, one cannot be too certain. Run away! Run away!

Ahh how sweet. A bunny and a quail eating dinner together. Neither, I believe, bite.

Meet Freddy. BigBro has this weird superhero power to replicate calls of animals. Sure enough he can sound like a  road runner. Poor Freddy was so confused I'm sure.  Wondering if it was a she road runner? Or perhaps competition? Or perhaps a prostitute road runner?

Either way, Freddy road ran away.

1 comments:

Al & Jo said...

If Bigbro called it an Elk Horn he was wrong...shocking I know! It's a cholla cactus, STAGHORN variety. Very pretty right now. But it still bites.