Thursday, May 12, 2011

One Day Closer ...

For the past day or two I've been singing this song in my head.  I've used this song in the past as kinda a mantra about finding "la otra media de naranja".  But now I seem to be singing it about the pending convertible purchase...it works all the same. And yes, I have been deemed insane.

So I'm not gonna worry
No I'm in no hurry
It's in the hands of fate
There's nothing I can do
And it might be tomorrow
Or the one that follows
Got the rest of my life to look forward to
Cause everyday is one day closer to you

I was marveling last night at how my phone was ringing off the hook. Suddenly, I have three men all calling and vying for my attention. Of course they want my money, which made me feel kinda like a prostitute.  Though in reverse...

I took the stang out yesterday and had it washed and slightly detailed. We have a killer car wash here on the East side that does all that for you.  SSIL had given me tickets from their coupon book so I got the car clean and a deal. 

As I sat watching the car roll out of the washer, I was stunned and just how beautiful that car is.  I love the Candy Red color.  Love how it sparkles in our non sunny, gray sky.  And so despite my efforts to be influenced by my friends and family, I think the Candy Red will win in the color game. Who knew it would be so difficult?

I mean that's a beautiful car to me.  And then I have to look again at the Kona Blue.

ARGH....They're both so pretty. The Yellow Blaze has been scratched off the list. Even though I think sports cars look awesome in Yellow, I just think it looks like a bumble bee and we all know how I feel about bees.  Plus, I wondered if I'd get tired of that yellow after a couple of days.  So I had to pull up the photo.  And realized I really am not a Yellow Blaze Girl. I'd love to drive one as a rental or something. So sorry guys, Yellow Blaze is off the list.

Tonight could be the night.  I have an appt with the dealership who sold me my last two Mustangs.  They've been quite willing to deal over the phone. They know all my wants as in trade in value for my car, what I'm willing to pay for a new 2012, and that I have been preapproved. So tonight, I'll test drive, again - a girl can't test drive too many times. And we shall see. Stay tuned for tomorrow...cuz it might be tomorrow...though I'm willing to walk away if they can't meet my deal, which is a great place to be.

0 comments: