Monday, May 23, 2011

It seems to me the only thing you've learned is that Caesar is a "salad dressing dude."

I've decided to call my 100 day break "Jenn's Excellent Summer Vacation" in reference to Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure. I know, old movie, rather dorky, but what can I say...I fit all those qualifications too.

I've been asked at least a hundred and 4 times, "So what are you going to do with your 100 days off?" Instead of listing everything off I figured I'd start the list here.  I've been collecting things for a couple of months now, and have gathered all the scrap pieces of paper, all the napkins with notes, all the notes in my planner...and now the list.

1. Look for a job. - While I have a job to come back to, one can never tell.

2. Read a LOT. I have a list of books and frankly I may have to take more than 100 days. Until someone smartly pointed out that I can still read once I'm back to work. I do have a summer reading list which is vastly different from the summer reading list we used to get in high school.

3. Back up iTunes. I usually back up every month or so the purchased songs. I put them on CD and put that CD in a pile.  I don't know what's on those CDs so I've decided I should perhaps get better at paying attention and actually documenting what's on those CDs.

4. Organize my scrapbook paper - thrilling I know. I had an epiphery (If you watch the Office you would know that Michael says epipery instead of epiphany...funny stuff) in that I need to put my card stock and my pattern paper together so I know what pattern paper doesn't have matching card stock. Then when I do feel the urge to purchase scrapbooking stuff, I'll know what colors I need.

5. Paint the bathroom. I've wanted to do it for 2.5 years now. Its time.

6. Thoroughly clean the kitchen. This means wiping down all the cabinet fronts, wiping down the inside of the cabinets, etc. Maybe I'll do that when the Parental Units are in town and get mom's help.

7.  Photography. This should be a given.

8. Do a little walking. Can't use the excuse I don't have time, cuz I will. I figured if I can get into a routine and walk first thing in the morning, perhaps I can carry that routine over to when I'm working again.

9. Study Marketing.  Since I got a "D" in Marketing in college, I find it ironic that I'm in a Marketing team and LOVE Marketing.  So I figured I could brush up on the trade a bit. I've started reading some Marketing books and every single one of them has sleeping powder in them. Weird.

10. Wonder Pike Place Market. I love Pike Place Market...and sunny days in Seattle means some of the crazies come out and mingle with the tourist.  I want to be one of those crazies...with a camera.

11. Whidbey Island. There are little jaunts or day trips I want to take. Whidbey Island is one of them.  Nothing particular to the island, just beautiful drives, a fort, and some old friends who moved up there several years ago that I've not seen.

12. Caught up on Scrapbooking. I'd love to have EVERY single photo I have scrapbooked. Could be a dream, but I can try.

13. Insurance photos.  I want to categorize my belongings for insurance purposes and determine if I need to increase my renters insurance.

14. Clean out garage. It needs to be reorganized.

15. Photoshop Elements classes. I have two online classes that need to be completed.

16. Catch up on all Photography books. I must have 6 that I've started reading and haven't finished. Now is the time.

17. Sort photos for the wall. I have a plan to put a collage of black and white photos on my walls in the living room. I have the black frames thanks to Mrs. Landlord, I just need to figure out what photos to get printed and hand them.

18. Interview Financial Planners. Its time.

19. Clean blinds. Ugh. It needs to be done and I can find an excuse every weekend to NOT clean them.

20. Misc day trips. Assuming gas goes down, there are a bunch of day trips in the Seattle area I'd like to take.


That should keep me busy. Any other ideas what I should do with my summer break?

5 comments:

Chickenlady said...

Find one guy worthy of taking you on a date.

Al & Jo said...

Come to Tucson? With new car??? Lot's of sun. And, btw, blind cleaning is undoubtly the WORSE job in the world.

Kara said...

Daytrip idea: Jetty Island in Everett. There's a teensy little passenger ferry to the island. Gigantic sand beach, shallow warmish water at low tide. On a sunny day bring a picnic and just enjoy the view and get your toes wet. Beautiful for photos.

anandi said...

Call me! I'm home MWF. We can go on adventures!

Kathy B. said...

Sounds like too much work & not enough play. I think you need to take a road trip somewhere in there in Sparky. Convertible convoy?