Tuesday, May 31, 2011

7 days old

Its hard to believe that just one week ago today the sun was shining and I was hopping into my new ride.  How they grow up so quickly?

In other non Sparky related news, what a weekend I had!

Saturday the PhotoGods (well two of the PhotoGods) went out to a local cemetery that has several thousand military tombs.  It's humbling to say the least.  Its hard to be amongst so many men and women who gave their lives for freedom and not feel some sort of tug at the patriotic strings.  Its easy to forget the sacrifices that are made for us and I appreciated the opportunity to be thankful for just a moment. You can check out all my photos here if you feel so inclined. 

 My focus this trip was depth of field. I was trying to pay attention to how much was in focused with each shot and how much I wanted in focus in each shot. 

This shot below, I think, would make a killer jigsaw puzzle.


On Sunday the 3Day crowd gathered at Safeco Field for a Mariner's baseball game. I'm not a regular fan in that I don't watch all the games and I couldn't tell you but maybe one player on the team. But I do like a good game and when the home team wins, everybody wins.


This wasn't just your ordinary game though. We were treated as a thank you to watch the game from the Safeco Suite.  I've been in suites before at our football stadium and recalled how glorious it was to not have to wait in line for a bathroom break, to have any drink you want within your arm' reach, and more food than you could ever imagine.  Safeco was no different. 

The players on the field may be unfamiliar, but the beautiful smiles and warm hearts of the 3Day folks is not.  Thanks Erin (and Erin's hubby) for arranging such a wonderful day of food, baseball, laughs and a little more food just for fun.

This is my last week at work before Jenn's Excellent Summer Vacation begins.  I'm not really sure where to start and I doubt it'll really hit home until Monday. Saturday and Sunday in the Great Northwest is looking sunny and warm.  I suspect I might burn through a tank of gas just driving around with my top down.

I'm going to try to blog every day of my 100 days.  Even if it's just to say I did nothing.  I've been very lax in writing and I know you all have suffered greatly because of it. I will try to redeem myself. Heck I might even proof read my blog and check it for spelling errors.  Crazier things have happened.

0 comments: