Thursday, May 19, 2011

Hold Still! I suck!

There's a funny story about the title of this blog...and I'm gonna tell you right now. And I promise there is a point to this. I swear. The question is can I remember the point.

Many moons ago, like back in 1999 or 1998, I can't remember which, my good friend Mr. NotSoNewlywed, my roommate at the time, Lars, and his girlfriend, all went to Whistler.  It was a fun trip and one that proved that I no longer wanted to ski.  We had gone out to dinner - and honestly I can't remember if it was on the drive up or while we were in Whistler - I was trying to walk along a cement curb by putting one foot in front of the other. 

I was having a horrible time staying up on this 4 inch curb - and yes I was sober.  Lars was standing next to me on the ground. I wasn't keeping my balance very well so in two distinct sentences I grabbed onto Lars shoulder and said, " Hold still!  I suck!"  Which then got turned into a joke amongst us.

So maybe that's not nearly as funny to you as it is to me and the other two.  The point is, I suck at this blog thing.  I really need to get more focused and start writing more.  Though its most like from a lack of exciting things going on.  Just wait though...summer is amongst us.

I've decided to call my summer break, "Jenn's Excellent Summer Adventure".  I have my list of things I'd like to do - some in doors, some out doors, some no where near where I live, some across the street.  We'll see how many get done. I have 15 days until my last day on the job. The first week off I plan on getting all my ducks in a row.

Speaking of ducks, look who came to visit this morning. FRANCIS!  Pookie was all shades of interested. He spoke cat to me and said he was ready to take Francis down.  At which point I pointed out that he'd most likely lose that battle.


Last Sunday was Sunday dinner. This month I decided to kick the summer off by doing a BBQ.  Everyone brought something delicious and we had, as usual, a great time. In fact, we came up with a new nickname for my friend Claudia - whom I've not been able to get a nickname for. She'll hence forth be known as The Pantry Goat.

See The Pantry Goat is trying to eat everything in her house.  And while discussing that we talked about a potential job for her going from house to house helping people eat through their pantry.  Thus she became the Pantry Goat.

You can see we had the usual suspects at dinner.  For dessert we did s'mores. The Pantry Goat had purchased an Indoor S'more thingy at a garage sale so we figured we might as well give it a try.


A lot of discussion took place about the right and wrong way to cook the marshmallow. Some of us normal people liked the charred texture. Other odd balls like it more "golden brown". Turns out with this little hook up getting it "golden brown" takes quite a bit of patience - where as I'm more the "BURN IT!" kinda girl.

Even Puck got into the spirit of it. 
In more ways then one did he get into the spirit of it.  Turns out Puck can't float upright.  Could be the red wine, could be the physics of his making.

Now, that I've got your attention, the Stang Status. 

The car should be here next Tuesday, May 24th. They called on Monday to give me the heads up about that.  I'm not 100% sure what route it's taking (maybe the Pony Express) but its sure taking its time getting up here from Las Vegas. The Seattle Summer may be over by then.

0 comments: