Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Just stopping by...

This week is going to be a hell type of week at Hotel Californiasoft. Which is okay by me because 1) I have a job, 2) it’s not that often that we have hell weeks and 3) we knew it was coming. So I’ll buck up, work a little harder and be satisfied with such efforts.

We started this week with what some consider exciting news, the death of Osama Bin Laden. I thought maybe I was conflicted about how I feel about the killing of him. But then I realized I wasn’t. I didn’t associate him as person, but as a monster. And his death, to me, means that perhaps closure can now come to thousands of people who lost loved ones in 9/11. I can’t, for a minute, pretend to understand their heartache and suffering, I just hope that this can bring some closure to them and they can move on.

What impressed me more about this operation to capture or kill bin Laden was how AWESOME our Navy Seals are. This is the first time in my life, that I can remember, where it was so evident that the “special ops” teams are responsible for this endeavor. It made me feel very proud that we have courageous service men/women in our military. And it reminded me that any person who joins the military has a level of courage to them that I can only sit in awe and stare.

Mother’s Day is around the corner. Have you taken care of your mother? I have…though she doesn’t know it. Well, she might now after reading this…but she doesn’t know what it is. SURPRISE! She’s probably hoping that the surprise is repayment of any past debts she thinks I still have. Nothing that grand…sorry Mom.

0 comments: